Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

head swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head swap

wat f series vtec head can b put on my f22a1 and can give me a increase in power??

Originally posted by IntensePressure View Post
    wat f series vtec head can b put on my f22a1 and can give me a increase in power??
    im not 100% sure cause im more use to the civic engines but from what i know i think you would want to take the head off of a f22b1
    it would probably give you the better performance how much i couldnt tell you though lol.
    i was actually thinking of doing the same for my f22a6 just haveing the same problem and dont know what head to swap on
    good luck hope i helped alittle lol

Comment

thanks man currently researchin it...
      i might even get a second engine and make a g22

Comment

i've got the f22a1 also, i thought about swapping for the f22b1 head done a little reading on it and decided against it because if i'm not mistaken the f22a1 head flow's better than the f22b1. not 100% sure. someone correct me if i'm wrong please i don't want to give wrongful information. as far as the g22 motor i know the from reading about it . if this is your first engine you may wanna have another set of experienced hands on it. just laying that out on the table. i'm not trying to be hateful or anything just trying to help out
        Last edited by 90AccordLowLife; 02-26-2011, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Neither. Both F-Series VTEC heads are not performance oriented. They have more power more so for the slightly higher compression than their VTEC mechanisms. The VTEC in both is more so for gas economy. The F22A does flow better so you are better off doing a simple port job than swapping cylinder heads.

An H-Series head is an entirely different story and is not a true bolt on application. It requires lots of research and know-how which you two do not yet possess. Only a handful of members have attempted, and even fewer have succeeded with a reliable setup.
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
            Neither. Both F-Series VTEC heads are not performance oriented. They have more power more so for the slightly higher compression than their VTEC mechanisms. The VTEC in both is more so for gas economy. The F22A does flow better so you are better off doing a simple port job than swapping cylinder heads.

An H-Series head is an entirely different story and is not a true bolt on application. It requires lots of research and know-how which you two do not yet possess. Only a handful of members have attempted, and even fewer have succeeded with a reliable setup.
            that's what i'm saying. the h series head swap is not reliable except in very few cases

Comment

thnks i wasnt goin to do any of the wrk of my current engine i was gonna go get me another block to experiment on...
              but thnks for the info imma stick to my head nd i am plannin on port nd polishin my head...
              as for the g22 imma do major research on wat i need a so on nd also that will b a different engine

Comment

are you actually trying to form sentences?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

oh lol i was multitasking :/ so i made some mistakes...
                  but i was sayin i am not goin to do much wrk on my current f22a1...
                  but i am planning on gettin on another f22a1 to fully build.

Comment

The F22B1 head is garbage compared to the F22A head.

The H22A head on the F22A block will give you a pathetic excuse for an H22A... low compression, low redline, and differing combustion chamber / cylinder bore diameters... which will be potential sources of detonation. Additionally, if you have no experience building engines, it is almost guaranteed to be thoroughly unreliable.

If you want VTEC, buy an H22A or F20B. If you want more details, just search. I personally answer this question in detail once or twice a week. It has been covered ad nauseum.

Just like with your turbo thread... PLEASE spend some time searching, and PLEASE start typing like you have a brain. If you can't do that, you won't find much help on this forum, and you will eventually get yourself banned. We really have no need for any more lazy people on this site. We have plenty already.

Comment

ok sir will do nd thnks for the insight

Comment

Working...
                      X