Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB7 Cylinder Head Interchangability SE vs DX/LX vs EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 Cylinder Head Interchangability SE vs DX/LX vs EX

I am looking at buying a 1991 Accord SE with a snapped timing belt. I just want to fix the car and sell it.

Can I swap a cylinder head from a DX/LX onto this car's engine? What about an EX head?

I don't want to swap any manifolds if I don't have to. I am trying to keep this as cheap and easy as possible.

ex/se only. you can put the dx/lx head on it but those have different cams.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by pbcrunch View Post
      I am looking at buying a 1991 Accord SE with a snapped timing belt. I just want to fix the car and sell it.

Can I swap a cylinder head from a DX/LX onto this car's engine? What about an EX head?

I don't want to swap any manifolds if I don't have to. I am trying to keep this as cheap and easy as possible.
      You can swap the head from any 90-93 accord trim line, they all have the same base motor. The only differences are small things like the intake design, header design, and slightly better camshaft and ECU in the 92-93 EX and 93 SE. If you aren't looking for performance, any of the heads are fine.

Comment

All USDM CB Accords have the exact same head casting. You can get the head from any F22Ax (A1, A4, A6) and put it on that block with no problem. The F22A6 has a different camshaft and different valve springs, as well as different intake and exhaust manifolds. The F22A4 head is identical to the F22A1, with the only exception being the exhaust manifold.

Comment

The easiest way to do it would be to swap a head from a 92-93 EX. They have the same motor.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

So the manifolds are different but interchangeable?

I can take any USDM CB7 cylinder head and swap out the busted up one that is in the car?

When the belts on these cars let go does the bottom end of the motor generally make it through without damage? I don't want to replace a whole engine, just a cylinder head.

Comment

If the valves and pistons met, then the bottom end may have taken damage as well. Pull the head and check the pistons for scoring. If they're scored, replace them... or replace the engine. Chances are, the rods took a good shock, and the scoring on the piston face will be a hotspot for detonation.

But yes, the F22A engines are all identical, aside from various interchangeable parts that are bolted on. Essentially, if you get an F22A1 or F22A4 head, complete with manifolds, and you run the PT3 ECU (the ECU designed for those motors), you will have done a near-complete conversion (there is only one part in the bottom end that is unique to the F22A6.. a windage tray... and you'd never know it existed without being told or looking at it.)

Comment

Se

yes everything is interchangeable. you can put the heads off any 90-93 accord any trim level the only thing is the a6 head that come on SE's have a better cam.
                Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

What about the A6 head that comes on the EX?

Comment

Working...
                  X