Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car dies when gas pedal is applied.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car dies when gas pedal is applied.

So I was having a problem with my car not starting a week ago. Changed spark plugs, found that there was oil leaking into the tube. Didn't have the tools or knowhow to do it. Well I drove it for this past week and it started sputtering. Then I changed the plug wires today. I drove for maybe 2 miles and it sputtered then died in the middle of the street. Pushed it into a parking lot and tried starting it again. It took a while but I got it to start. Drove it home and shut it off and then about 30 min later tried starting it again. It started but when I would apply any kind of pressure to the gas it would sputter and die. I need help figuring out what it is.

'93 Black LX {DD/Project}

dude thats the same thing that happen to mine it runs but soon as u try to move it dies then after a week your car going to try to start and wont same thing is wrong with mine

Comment

fuel pump or fuel filter really clog

Comment

Not saying it is, not saying it isn't, but check the main relay. You can take it out (under drivers' side dash left wall). Once you remove it, take it apart and check for breaks in the solder points as well as on the board. If you need to replace it, get the exact same # as the one you removed. Don't let a buddy give you one from like a different year or model and NOT a Civic.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
        New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
        My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Already checked the MR. It's fine. Imma try and take it somewhere Friday bc idk how to check the fuel pump or filter.

Comment

Im not trying to be rude, but dont be a quitter.

READ THIS:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...05&postcount=1

And I bet you figure it out.

BTW, search for your answer, it is out there. The best rule to this forum is search, search and search some more before asking. Most questions have been asked, about 100 times over.

SEARCH!
            Originally posted by wed3k
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the link. Where is the fuel pump and filter at.

Comment

Originally posted by halo0628freak View Post
                Ok. Thanks for the link. Where is the fuel pump and filter at.
                Pump is in the tank, filter is on the firewall. Follow the line from the fuel rail to find it.

Comment

Do a search and go to auto store and buy a Haynes Repair manual. Not to be rude either, these questions pop up almost weekly. And they are here. I'm sure it could be answered my someone in one post. But learning our cars needs to be a search until you just can't find the answer, and then ask. How come? Number of reasons. Your search builds passion for a answer thus a solution that won't be half-ass. Also if every thing was asked over and over, this site would be one giant repetitious DIY.
                  Last edited by SilverShadow; 03-02-2011, 02:07 PM.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                  New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                  My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
                    Do a search and go to auto store and buy a Haynes Repair manual. Not to be rude either, these questions pop up almost weekly. And they are here. I'm sure it could be answered my someone in one post. But learning our cars needs to be a search until you just can't find the answer, and then ask. How come? Number of reasons. Your search builds passion for a answer thus a solution that won't be half-ass. Also if every thing was asked over and over, this site would be one giant repetitious DIY.
                    And, I think that once you've exhausted all of your options, you'll either have an answer or a question worth asking

Either way, searching will prove to your advantage 9/10 times on this forum.
                    Originally posted by wed3k
                    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

The same thing was going on with my first car. I changed the spark plug tube seals and that solved the problem. If something's wrong, fix it. Don't just give up because you're not mechanically inclined. You have to start somewhere.

Honestly, it's easy. It's the first repair I ever did myself.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Would I be able to hear the fuel pump when I turn the key, if so I can hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by cbscandal View Post
                          The same thing was going on with my first car. I changed the spark plug tube seals and that solved the problem. If something's wrong, fix it. Don't just give up because you're not mechanically inclined. You have to start somewhere.

Honestly, it's easy. It's the first repair I ever did myself.
                          I'm still going to replace the plug tube seals and gasket. It's just I don't think that's the main problem. If it's dying when I press the gas then I think it has to do with the fuel somehow.

Comment

This may sound kind of weird but could be the problem, worth a shot. When i started my car up it would start no problem, as soon as i gave it gas it would start sputtering/missing. If i drove it i wouldnt get very far. I was late for work had no time too mess around s0o i pulled the cap off the rotor there was build up on the middle of the cap where it makes contact with rotor scraped it off with my keys till it was shinny again and have not had a problem since. sounds crazy i know, but i would try it. good luck anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Mac View Post
                              This may sound kind of weird but could be the problem, worth a shot. When i started my car up it would start no problem, as soon as i gave it gas it would start sputtering/missing. If i drove it i wouldnt get very far. I was late for work had no time too mess around s0o i pulled the cap off the rotor there was build up on the middle of the cap where it makes contact with rotor scraped it off with my keys till it was shinny again and have not had a problem since. sounds crazy i know, but i would try it. good luck anyways
                              Hell anything is worth a shot. I did notice that there was some build up on my cap but didn't have anything to clean it with. I have another dis.cap and rotor just laying here so I think imma throw that on tomorrow and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X