Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cold Air Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Air Intake

Last summer i removed the air box and im buying a nice chrome injen.. im just worried about the water that might be enterting thru the intake? is there any way that i can get all the cold air and get to little or no water?

A little bit of water isn't going to hurt it. If you submerge it, that's when you'lll run into issues.

Here's a similar thread from 3 days ago:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174232
    Last edited by JoshM; 03-08-2011, 11:49 AM.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

You could pour a gallon of water into your intake, as long as it was done slowly and you had the engine running at high enough RPMs. **I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT**

However, most bypass vavles should work just fine, so long as it isnt cheap. Just get a SRI and save yourself the worry. Or get a CAI and cut the tube shorter.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Install an air bypass valve.
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Yeah unless you completely submerge the filter on the end of yoru CAI you wont suck up water. Even a little bit of the filter getting air would keep you from sucking up water. Although the decrease in airflow would probably stall your car. I have a CAI and the intake filter sits right in front of the right wheel below the headlamp inside the bumper. I have driven the car slowly (about 20mph) in water that came up to the headlamps and no water ingestion. Even driven in water about 6 inches deep at highway speeds and still no issues, even though the water level was high enough to cover some of the filter.

Comment

AEM makes good bypass valves. If you do get a CAI just measure the size of the intake and buy a bypass valve the same size. They help if your worried about the CAI being submerged in water

Comment

How does an air bypass work?

Comment

It will open, as opposed to the water being sucked into the cylinders through the airbox end
                works on the vacuum created in the intake itself. It's a pretty awesome little device.

::edit:: do other "name brand" companies make these? or is it mainly AEM? i thought they had patented the original design as their's
                Last edited by DJ metadelic; 03-13-2011, 09:36 PM.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                  It will open, as opposed to the water being sucked into the cylinders through the airbox end
                  works on the vacuum created in the intake itself. It's a pretty awesome little device.

::edit:: do other "name brand" companies make these? or is it mainly AEM? i thought they had patented the original design as their's
                  I have a knock off one that I never used. So yes other companies do make them.

Comment

Working...
                  X