Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Antifreeze leak and car not running right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antifreeze leak and car not running right?

SO last night I was driving home from work and going down the highway everything was fine. went about 10 miles and got to my exit. I got off the highway and when i down shifted and went to speed up again the car had hardly any power. It will shake kinda hard now while driving and have a lot less power. When I would get it above 60 the car would act and sound perfectly fine but below that it would shake and be real loud and have less power. I get the car home and in the morning there it antifeeze right underneath the car. I filled the radiator back up and drove it around. Still drove like shit and idles very low. I went around my neighborhood and coming to a stop the car would shut off. Its not overheating tho. Its a 1990 EX 5 speed F22A4.

In short:
    - Car leaks antifreeze
    - Has lack of power
    - Shakes hard
    - Sounds very loud
    - Not over heating
    - Shuts off when coming to a stop
    - Idles very low

Any help would be great.

Thanks

I am guessing that the head gasket went bad on you. Perform compression check and see what you get,,,,.
    A&P-IA

Comment

look for oil in the coolant and check the oil to see if it looks milky.

what condition is your spark plugs in? and you wires, cap and rotor? later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Looks like blown head gasket

I have the same problem, number 3 cylinder was reading 175 and the rest about 185. We did a leak down test and found number 3 cylinder at high rate and blowing air into radiator water, yes you could realy hear it blowing. Harbor Freight is a good place to buy the leak down tester and you will need an air compressor, a small one will do. My son said to try Bars head gasket repair as his friend used it on a V-8 engine and it worked. It will cost about 10.00 and also buy a flushing kit the you install into the heater hose which is about another 10.00. Good luck I will post my results on using Bars. Tom

Comment

any additives that you have to put in your cooling system can clog it up. what that stuff does is it seals it up and all that extra stuff can clog up your heater core or anything else. if you have a bad head gasket just replace it. when i had to replace my head gasket i did it myself and it took me almost a whole weekend because i had to do it by the book. but if you have the money take it to a mechanic.

Comment

Working...
          X