Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

same old Surging Idle Issue.. With a twist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same old Surging Idle Issue.. With a twist.

My 91 accord got parked 3 years ago after I did a6 intake and head. This car has ALWAYS had a surging Idle... just FYI.

So I decided Im gonna do an A6, head, A6 intake and new FITV, IACV, new coolant temp, coolant switch, all new hoses, EGR and followed the Honda TSB to cleaning out the intake manifold to egr. Reset base Idle.

Everything in the world I could think of. I could never get the idle right. I parked it. 3years now..

Isnt it about time to figure this out? In park it surges from 800rpm to 2200rpm. In gear no surge.

Someone please help. Ive had it to shops, Ive done everything and spent a small fortune.

Open the fitv and see if you can adjust it. Also can be a vacuum leak, a big one
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

if it was vacuum wouldnt it be all the time? Why does it only do it in p? FITV plastic float is all the way down.
      Last edited by brandenbmx; 04-16-2011, 09:52 AM.

Comment

im gonna go buy a can carb cleaner and put my vacuum gauge on. Its time to maybe post some videos and pics..... I HATE THIS FUC@ING CAR!

How about bypassing this garbage?

Also When the IACV is unplugged it runs a little better. Just higher all the time. Its like the IACV revs it up and the Fast Idle pulls it down..
        Last edited by brandenbmx; 04-16-2011, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brandenbmx View Post
          im gonna go buy a can carb cleaner and put my vacume gauge on. Its time to maybe post some videos and pics..... I HATE THIS FUC@ING CAR!

How about bypassing this garbage?

Also When the IACV is unplugged it runs a little better. Just higher all the time. Its like the IACV revs it up and the Fast Idle pulls it down..
          Please refrain from using the word "HATE" towards your CB7... it will take your comment offensively... also does your speed gauge/ speed sensor work?... becuz when it throws the code for it... it will surge as well
          OLD

Comment

Originally posted by manny_turbo View Post
            Please refrain from using the word "HATE" towards your CB7... it will take your comment offensively... also does your speed gauge/ speed sensor work?... becuz when it throws the code for it... it will surge as well
            Spreedo works fine.. No cel unless i unplug iacv.

Can i just run hose and bypass these? What will it do?

Comment

Can anyone answer y with no load on engine it surges and with load on engine it idles fine. Car in park it will surge, car in drive runs idles good.

Anyways I just soaked the engine in b12 chem tool. 4 cans....

No change until..... Driver side last intake runner, right below injector where runner meets the head. I spay and it almost stalls. So I found a vacuum leak.

would this be enough to cause this issue. I dont want to pull intake again if this doesnt fix it. Its alot of work for it not to fix it...

Comment

BUmp for help... Saturday morning being wasted in garage ready to beat cb7 with a sledge.

Comment

If you sprayed and it stalled then more likley there is the issue. Check for tightness and to see if the gasket cracked. Also if you didn't clean the gasket surface 100% smooth or scratched it bad then it can cause it to leak
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

TW sensor... I replaced mine, problem went away just like that, after 2 years of searching.

HONDAMENTALISM

Comment

He mentioned he already changed the tw (coolant temp) sensor. If it stumbled when carb cleaner was sprayed near the last runner, it's more than likely a leak with the intake manifold gasket.

Comment

This thread needs an update. Update or ban!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                        X