Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

For all you Megan/ebay header users.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all you Megan/ebay header users.....

Ive managed to find a gasket that may work for you. Felpro number is a MS95088. Little modification is required for 2 of the header bolt holes. Other then that, bolt it on, and torque her down. Application is from any 2.5 (turbo or non-turbo doesnt matter) subaru engine. Ive matched my old diagram to the gasket, and its pretty much flawless. The Felpro version has metal rings for a longer lasting seal. Hopefully this helps people with the same situation that im in
    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

mine is leaking. I even bought a new gasket on ebay and put those copper seal
    and still leak

will give it a try only $10

Comment

The leak issues associated with the cheap headers may be due to a warped flange as well. Cheap metal and crappy welding will do that!

Felpro is good stuff (OEM for many makers.) Thanks for the part number. Getting a good gasket right away when installing a cheap header is a very smart idea for anyone that wants to go that route (and since the cheap headers are a much more cost-effective replacement for a leaky exhaust manifold than an expensive OEM unit, they're becoming more popular than ever!)

Comment

I never had any problem well beside that cheap ebay one I had long long time ago :lol

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

I got tired of spending money on gaskets so I bolted the fucker super tight and haven't had a leak yet... That was 6 months ago

Comment

lol.. all ebay headers look cheap exept somes... i have the EXR model Honda Oem and this is the best... Oem is oem aftermarket is aftermarket.. many time one ebay you think you have a real brand... but... when you get them you see you have get poor product compared to the real one.. its easy to put a stamp on metal and on the box... The quality come with the price imo

Comment

Thats what I did, got the suby gaskets (2 for $12!), elongated the bolt holes with wire cutters. Works great!
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

That's exactly why I've stayed away for now...I've only seen the Megan's for less than $150.00

PSN ~ Ghostboost03
                Jimm@BavAuto.com

~1993 Accord LX
                ~2003 Nissan Maxima GLE
                ~2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege #1954 - SOLD

Comment

I just got the "ebay" $55 shipped header, only other problem was that the block bracket broke off due to almost no welding done to it, just welded it back on.

I mean, where else are you gonna find a TIG welded stainless header for this cheap? Sure its the lower quality 300 series stainless, so the finish goes to shit quick, but hey just hit with some header paint and good as new. Megan header is probably no better.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                    I just got the "ebay" $55 shipped header, only other problem was that the block bracket broke off due to almost no welding done to it, just welded it back on.

I mean, where else are you gonna find a TIG welded stainless header for this cheap? Sure its the lower quality 300 series stainless, so the finish goes to shit quick, but hey just hit with some header paint and good as new. Megan header is probably no better.
                    I should also mention that the flex pipe on the header rotted out over 1 winter. Of course, with such a wide market of generic headers, your experience may vary. The good thing to come out of this, is that I'm going to weld in a new 2.5" flexpipe along with a 2.5" downpipe section.

Comment

i got an e bay header for 80 bucks like 8 months ago but i cant decide wether or not i want to put it on. oh yeah they came with gaskets but if i want to play it safe what gasket should i use for my 92 honda accord lx f22a1 ? ( oe was this what js593 just answered cus he also said subaru engine. so im confused )

Comment

thanks for the great info!

i was at the point of just welding the header to the downpipe.

but i shall try this first.

btw, did you guys install both of the gaskets, or just one?
                        Last edited by (({ShauN})); 06-02-2011, 01:28 AM.

Comment

What i don't get is why people do not just use the OEM stock metal exhaust gasket.I always have since they are reusable an far better quality than the crush style gaskets.Honestly i've probably bought 8+ headers from ebay...OBX,Megan,BBP an never had an issue im running a BBP setup as of now an it is a good quality peice for $90 bux i can't complain one bit.
                          However on my very first honda which was a CB we built for our senior project back in 06.The header we used was from ebay an it blowed leaked right at the header to down pipe sounded like a 7k reving tractor in other words it sounded like shit!Ebay is a hit or miss i usually try to stick with atleast something name brand,known knock off brands or something ive used before.

02 Crv
                          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

well seeing how theres this many problems with ebay header name brand websites it is lol

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                              What i don't get is why people do not just use the OEM stock metal exhaust gasket.I always have since they are reusable an far better quality than the crush style gaskets.Honestly i've probably bought 8+ headers from ebay...OBX,Megan,BBP an never had an issue im running a BBP setup as of now an it is a good quality peice for $90 bux i can't complain one bit.
                              However on my very first honda which was a CB we built for our senior project back in 06.The header we used was from ebay an it blowed leaked right at the header to down pipe sounded like a 7k reving tractor in other words it sounded like shit!Ebay is a hit or miss i usually try to stick with atleast something name brand,known knock off brands or something ive used before.
                              you're saying you can use the two rings?

No. 9 in pic?

Comment

Working...
                              X