Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cb7 H22 Iab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cb7 H22 Iab

I'm working on swapping a 96' OBD1 JDM H22 into my 93' Accord EX 5 speed. I bought the new motor from hmotorsonline but it didn't come with an IAB vacuum tank or Bypass Control Solenoid Valve Assembly so I'll have to add them because for some reason my EX didnt come with the F22a6. Is that even possible? I thought all EX's came with this engine?

To the point...Does anyone have any pictures of this box on their motor as well as the solenoid itself? Is the solenoid connected to the vacuum box in some way or is it separate? I've seen plenty of illustrations in manuals or parts catalogs, but I need to see the real thing. Also, what color are the wires that come out of the solenoid? Doesn't the solenoid plug into the A17 slot of my ECU?

I know, I'm incredibly ignorant, but I really need answers so I can get this swap done.

Thanks,
    Bryan

The 96 H22 should be OBD2, to my knowledge... not that it is pertinent to this topic, but I figured I'd mention it.

Perhaps you have a Canadian car? The Canadian EX was equivalent to the US LX. Do you have a sunroof and rear disc brakes? All 92-93 USDM EX models should have the F22A6, with the IAB system. If you do have a USDM EX, then perhaps your engine was swapped out for an F22A1 or F22A4 at some point (no IAB). If that's the case, the wiring for the IAB should be in place, so that's good.

I've never installed an IAB system, and I've never had to mess with my own... so unfortunately I can't help with the technical details. I could look it up, but I don't want to give you potentially misleading information... so I'll leave that to someone else.

Comment

Actually, Honda didn't switch to OBD2 in Japan until 97'

I do have rear disk brakes AND a sunroof, but again, the engine code is F22a1. Does anyone know how I could tell if my car is from Canada? I do live in Washington and am fairly close to the border, so it's certainly possible.

Comment

I don't believe the Canadian EX had a sunroof or rear discs... Perhaps a 10th Anniversary Edition? That's essentially an LX with a few EX goodies (and it will have the F22A1). That, or a swap. If it's a swap, then the IAB wiring will be there... making part of your job easier!

I didn't know Japan didn't switch until 97. I learned something! I know most of their models come out a year earlier (the CB was an 89 model there), so I figured if anything, the OBD switch would've been sooner, rather than later!

Comment

may i ask why you want to keep the IAB mannifold. ive seen this on this site several times and ive never really understood it. that junk is trash and is nothing but an obsticle. skunk 2 manni and a chipped ecu and a tune will solve all these problems. not trying to be negative but thats the first thing i THROW AWAY on all the gsr motors ive installed over the years.
          ODBWeldingWerks
          Team Kindred Impulse Jax FL

Comment

I want to keep the IAB mani because I've read that removing the butterflys can lead to issues and I'd like to just keep things stock. I mean, having them isnt going to hurt anything, its just going to be a pain to configure.

I just spoke with hmotorsonline and they confirmed that my engine shipped with the IAB solenoid, but not the vacuum box. Sounds like all I need to do is get a box hooked up and the solenoid wired in, and I should be good to go.

Now, if I can just get a hold of some pictures of the box and solenoid...

Comment

I've found pictures on Google. Search for pictures of the F22A6 manifold, or the H23A manifold.

I like the IAB system. It keeps intake flow velocity up at low RPM, providing a smooth power delivery and proper fuel mixture. It's a concept similar to VTEC, actually.

Comment

BTW - Apparently Honda never produced a BB1 with OBD2, so that explains why my 96' motor is OBD1.

Comment

Working...
                X