Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

tranny or clutch whats the problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tranny or clutch whats the problem??

i feel like im slipping in first gear in my 1991 honda accord.. also in second i have it vibrate but then in third im great... so if any one could tell me what you think i should do that would be great .....

If clutch is slipping you can smell it.. like burnt/rotten egg.
    Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

im not smelling anything really not that i can tell by the way real nice ride what year is your car

Comment

Im been having the same problem with my transmission vibrations in 1st and 2nd and slight slippage in 1st..... the problem when taken down was found out to be the ring that disengages the clutch needs to be replaced and was eating up the clutch that was causing all the slippage and vibrations

Comment

ok so i dont know much when it comes from trannys and clutches is this ring found in the clutch or tranny

Comment

id just replace the clutch... more than likly the issue.
            K20z3

Comment

i figured i would start by putting in either a stage one or two racing clutch and go from there what is the differences between the stages in the racing clutches

Comment

Well you have got your opera stages and your theatre stages and Stages in life. And right now I can tell your not in a stage in life where you need a stage 2 clutch. or a stage 1 .. I think you need a good old OEM replacment clutch. Exedy makes great clutches.
                K20z3

Comment

well if im going to replace the clutch i have now with a new oem which will most likely cost me cloase or at least have the price of a racing clutch why not thats why im asking more info

Comment

might just be the clutch

Comment

replacement clutch is 60 bucks... if anything exedy makes a full face hd clutch that holds great... I think its stage 29. fuk stages. Find out what kinda hp you wanna make with your car then search for a clutch that will handle that... Do you sit in traffic alot? Then get a sprung disk for sure....
                      K20z3

Comment

See that's all I wanted to know I'm new to the game of hondas had a 69 camaro s s and sold it for bills so I want to try something new

Comment

yea i have issues with the stage term this isnt forza.. exedy makes a great clutch i beat mine tto death... 8k side steps atleast once a day...
                          K20z3

Comment

i love my act 6 puck clutch

Comment

Originally posted by k20si View Post
                              yea i have issues with the stage term this isnt forza.. exedy makes a great clutch i beat mine tto death... 8k side steps atleast once a day...
                              hows that exedy?
                              how long u had it in?

Comment

Working...
                              X