Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F20B Head on H22 Block ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F20B Head on H22 Block ?

I'm ready to start building my H22 and I wanna start with the head . My CB is my daily driver so I'm gonna have to buy another head to install the new parts on . A guy in my city has a F20B head he's selling for $100 bucks , I really wanna grab it . I'm gonna be doing a Skunk2 build and I know the H22/F20B parts are the same . My question is would the F20B head fit and run fine with the H22's block ?

I would almost rather build a F20B instead of the H22, mainly because the H22 sleeves are composed of FRP, whereas the F20B sleeves are made of iron. I've heard that the FRP sleeves don't hold up nearly as well and are actually one of the biggest reasons why H22's are notorious for burning oil. One thing you could do is just have the H22 block re-sleeved with iron sleeves instead of the FRP. Just a thought.

Do you mainly want the F20B head because it's so cheap, or do you have other reasons?

Comment

FRM, not FRP.

The oil burning issue with the H22 is actually pretty exaggerated. Much of that reputation comes from people that haven't maintained their engines. Hell, I've beaten on my H22 pretty hard, and it has never had an oil burning issue. FRM sleeves are light, strong, and excellent at dissipating heat.

I believe the F20B head is very similar, if not identical, to the H22A. I'm not 100% positive, but close. I know the cams are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        FRM, not FRP.

The oil burning issue with the H22 is actually pretty exaggerated. Much of that reputation comes from people that haven't maintained their engines. Hell, I've beaten on my H22 pretty hard, and it has never had an oil burning issue. FRM sleeves are light, strong, and excellent at dissipating heat.

I believe the F20B head is very similar, if not identical, to the H22A. I'm not 100% positive, but close. I know the cams are the same.
        If I'm not mistaken, the manual version of the F20B has the same cams as the H22A type S. I don't know if the extra .2 liter is what makes the extra 20 PS though.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Yeah, you're right. Manual as Type S cams, auto has regular H22A cams.

The F20B has a 85mm bore, whereas the H22A has an 87mm bore, so that may be a concern. The combustion chamber diameter on the head will be smaller than that of the block. If you're going to have the head modified, that can be corrected, however.

Comment

the f20b head should fit on the h22 block....but remember the f20b head is meant for the 85mm bored sleves and the h22 bore is 87mm...u would probly have to have the head bore matched to the block...shit if worst comest to worst buy the head and match the passeges to the h22 head gasket.if it dont fit just sell it on here in the classifides im sure theres a few ppl that would buy it.

my new turbo build

Comment

no , no specific reason for wanting the F20B head , just wanted to grab it while I was able to find one for $100 . I'm gonna go ahead and buy it and just have a machine shop and have the bore on the head matched to the H22 block .

Comment

Working...
              X