Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need help- Car needs Starter Fluid to run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help- Car needs Starter Fluid to run?

Ok so just what the title says, I have a 90 accord bone stock.

Most of the time first thing in the morning ill have to spray some Starter Fluid in the intake pipe to get the car to crank up.

After it cranks up it runs fine, then you will kill it and it "might" crank right back up or you might have to shoot more in the pipe to get it to run again.

What could this be? Im VERY thankful for ANY and all help!!!!!

Could be fuel injectors or fuel rail, clogged fuel filter. Try changing the fuel filter first could be just old and clogged. Listen to make sure your fuel pump is kicking on as well.

Comment

clogged fuel filter sounds more like it. If it was the fuel pump it wouldnt run period or if it was going bad it would get worse and not run at all.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Ok so this morning it would not even stay running with starter fluid. It fired up with it but as soon as I stopped feeding it the car died.

Now 10mins ago I shot some in the pipe and the car fired right up and ran.

Fuel filter is new and I still dont hear it priming...

Comment

Try taking the back seat off and see if it has access to the tank to hear it better or in the trunk. I know with civics you can replace the fuel pump from under the back seat. Not sure on the accords never done an accord yet. It might have access from the trunk to disconnect it. If not back seat or trunk im sorry and hope you dont have a full tank of gas. Good luck dropping the tank might be a drain plug somewhere on it. Check your main fuel relay before you do all that hard work though. Could be that causing it not to prime.
          Last edited by gvaldez92; 07-28-2011, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gvaldez92 View Post
            Try taking the back seat off and see if it has access to the tank to hear it better or in the trunk. I know with civics you can replace the fuel pump from under the back seat. Not sure on the accords never done an accord yet. It might have access from the trunk to disconnect it. If not back seat or trunk im sorry and hope you dont have a full tank of gas. Good luck dropping the tank might be a drain plug somewhere on it. Check your main fuel relay before you do all that hard work though. Could be that causing it not to prime.
            No you either have to drop the tank or cut a hole. Im going to cut a hole if I have to go that route.

Comment

Are you sure it's the starting fluid that's keeping it running?
              Everytime I've sprayed it into my engines (shits and giggles) it bogged it down or shut it off.

Comment

sounds like a fuel issues i would start wit the fuel filter its a 6 dollar replacement, u can also check 2 see if u have fuel pressure................

Comment

Originally posted by vi cb7 View Post
                  sounds like a fuel issues i would start wit the fuel filter its a 6 dollar replacement, u can also check 2 see if u have fuel pressure................
                  Check the main relay first. It's easier and free.

Comment

Ok so over the last few weeks it will run in the morning when its cool, then wont run in the afternoon when it gets really hot.

Comment

UPDATE:

I put a new used pump in it and its doing the same thing. Fires right up in the morning but if you go to the store and kill it then try to fire it back up again in 5mins or so it wont fire. If you try to crank it up then sit there for 5-10mins after you try that second time it will fire up.

I called the old owner and he said it use to do that all the time in the summer but never does it in the winter.

WHATS GOING ON WITH THIS CAR???

Comment

Still sounds like the main relay. In the summer time its hot so over years of being on a car where it gets hot the solder wears away at connections. Take it off open it up and look at the solder on all the connections. They should look like little triangle shaped hills your solder. If they are flat then your getting bad connections and fuel pump wont kick on. This happens when its hot out. If not that then check the rest of your fuel components. Never buy used when it comes to fuel components. Could be just as bad as yours now. I had a 95 civic and bought 3 dizzys at autozone before i had the honda shop tell me those were junk too. Oem fix and never had a problem after.
                        Last edited by gvaldez92; 08-08-2011, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I had the same problem with a civic with a LS swap...it was the dizzy. Cold would start fine hot (engine temp not outside temp) lol... would run great but then hard to start. Dizzy finally took a dump. Replaced it and never had a problem again. I got mine new from Oreilly and did not have a problem. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                          X