Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

blower motor voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blower motor voltage

I am trying to figue out what voltage the blower motor is supposed to read and on what setting? Any help?
    1992 lx sedan-christy-my black beast

Originally posted by jdmlx_sedan View Post
    I am trying to figue out what voltage the blower motor is supposed to read and on what setting? Any help?
    The current flowing through the blower motor should be 12 V (or normal battery voltage) on all settings but "off". The blower motor resistor changes the amount of *current* to the motor but not the amount of voltage.

Why do you need to know this, what is going on? I have dealt with the blower motor a fair amount.

Comment

Yeah, it should read 12v KOEO.

Originally posted by toycar
      Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

That fan ain't turning on when I flip the ac on and I am trying to get my ac working cause texas is 110 and is hot as hell

Comment

Ok, well, the fan is just controlled by the fan switch that runs through a varistor, commonly known as the "blower motor resistor". See if it will run with the fan switch turned all the way to "high". (a bad blower motor resistor will usually cause the fan to work only on "high" and not the other, low speed,settings)

If not, then search for my threads and "blower motor"

because I have written up a decent amount on how to get the blower motor running in the short term without replacing it. Basically, get your head down under the glove box and shine a flashlight on the blower motor assembly. You will see a black plastic grill down there, covering up the cabin intake duct flap. With the car off and the key to "on/acc"essory" Press the "recirculation" button on the climate control and look at what happens: a motor will come on and open that vent door. the blower wheel is in there, reachable by'your hand butbuttake off the grill in front of the cabin vent on the fan unit, so you can access the fan blades with your hand, turn the vent controls to "recirculate" to open up the passenger side duct door, and then (with the fan control set to "off") reach in and turn the fan wheel to a different position with your hand. that will often put the fan motor in a different position so that when you turn the fan control to an "on" setting it will start.

It's not a permanent fix but it gets things running if you're not in the mood to pull things all the way apart and put a new fan motor in.

I would try this first.

But, yeah, if you pull the whole blower motor assembly and hook up 12v to it and it runs (this is how I tested mine, before I realized I could just spin the blower wheel by hand with the blower motor still in the car and get it running), you have a problem elsewhere, likely in the fan control switch itself or in the blower motor resistor.
          Last edited by batever; 08-12-2011, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Ok I bought a fan switch cause I was told that was bad too were is that located cause I can't find it in my haynes manual

Comment

Working...
            X