Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cluster,,Fuel Gauge and temperature Gauge,,how to check if they are good or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cluster,,Fuel Gauge and temperature Gauge,,how to check if they are good or not?

I have today changed the Cluster of my CB7,,, the Temperature gauge was in the middle when i use to run my car ,,and the Fuel GAuge was always on the top Full leve,,,, i change the cluster today,took a JDM cluster,,,my old cluster was of 220 Km and this is of 180KPH,,,anyways that doesnt matter,i know that u guys can help me definately,,,1st question is,,,the gauge was at low when i connected the JDM cluster,i went to the fuel pump, got the gas tank full and and the needle from low ,,went up to high,,,now that i turn the switch off ,,the needle doesnt come at low,,,,is it always suppose to be at full level? 2nd question is,,my cb7's normal temperature was when the needle was in the middle,,,now the needle is like 30% up from the cool line below,,and its 20% down exactly from the middle,,,how to determine if the new cluster JDM now,is good?keeping in mind that its damn hot here,,,,how can i check the temperature gauge specially,,i dont want to take any chances with the malfunctioning of temp gauge,,,,

The fuel gauge will always read what you have in the tank currently. It does not drop to E when the car is shut off like some cars do. As for the temp gauge, mine have almost always sat below mid way. Somewhere betwen 1/4 and an 1/8 of an inch below half...... it sounds as if your cluster is functioning properly.

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,yo coupes ma man,,,thanx alot for the help,and good that my fuel gauge is good now,,,,i got that it doesnt drop to empty when we turn off the car,,,and the temperature guage,,i am doubtful about that,,,what make the temperature guage to go on HOT ,, shud i connect the temperature sensor on the thermostat housing with a jumper,,,i just want to know if the temperature gauge rises to the top?just curious

Comment

Working...
      X