Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

oil in air cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil in air cleaner

hey in new to hondas iv done lots of research but i have some ?s i just got a 91 cb7 coupe its been swapped it has a f23a1 vtech but yesterday it started using oil but it wasn smoking or leaking and when i was cleaning my air cleaner and it was full of oil idk y and vtech dosent always hit and when it dose it hits late (5200) i know what vtech is

Check the PCV valve and the tube is not plugged.

Comment

they are both new

Comment

Its VTEC, not VTECH!!
        STUFF FOR SALE!!!
        1992 Accord Lx.
        1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by mattman38960612 View Post
          they are both new
          Check to make sure there's vacuum on the PCV. Do a compression test to see the well being of your head gasket.
          If all is good then maybe some else that ran into this rare problem could help.
          Good luck.

Comment

hey in new to hondas iv done lots of research but i have some ?s i just got a 91 cb7 coupe its been swapped it has a f23a1 vtech but yesterday it started using oil but it wasn smoking or leaking and when i was cleaning my air cleaner and it was full of oil idk y and vtech dosent always hit and when it dose it hits late (5200) i know what vtech is

Is it a stock air "cleaner" or an aftermarket cone "cleaner". Is it a short ram intake "cleaner", or a cold air intake "cleaner" We need to know this info about your "cleaner" so we can have an idea of what we are working with. And yeah, its VTEC, not VTECH. But you already know that, says so right up there.
            Originally posted by Mishakol129
            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

vtec engages at 2500 rpm in the f23a1

Comment

its a cold air intake, theirs no exhaust on it but iv had 4 other cars that had no exhaust it didnt hurt them could that be y (vtec) is hittin so late or could that cause the oil in my intake some one said a back fire could cause it

Comment

its a cold air intake, theirs no exhaust on it but iv had 4 other cars that had no exhaust it didnt hurt them could that be y (vtec) is hittin so late or could that cause the oil in my intake some one said a back fire could cause it
                  Well oil will get into the CAI near the throttle body because of the hose that connects to the valve cover. Now if its an excessive amount that could point to a problem. SOME oil is fairly normal, but a lot isnt.

Comment

theirs alot its leaking through my filter what kind of problem would that indicate
                    my friend thinks its bad rings but this motor only has 60k well thats what i was told any way

Comment

theirs alot its leaking through my filter what kind of problem would that indicate
                      my friend thinks its bad rings but this motor only has 60k well thats what i was told any way
                      So its leaking from the filter itself? That COULD suggest rings, unless its red oil then that means someone over oiled the filter. If its black, that could indicate your rings are bad and allowing excessive blow by and shooting oil thru the VC port.

Comment

its black im going to try changing the oil and useing some engine restore i used it in my saturn worked awesom for the valve seats in that and maybe it will work for the rings if not ill just put an h22 in it

Comment

its black im going to try changing the oil and useing some engine restore i used it in my saturn worked awesom for the valve seats in that and maybe it will work for the rings if not ill just put an h22 in it
                          Give it a shot, might work.

Comment

Working...
                          X