Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Gasket needed for IAC vavle removal/re-install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gasket needed for IAC vavle removal/re-install?

I'm planing on cleaning my IAC valve. I need to know whether or not there's a gasket under there that will need replacing. Thanks in advance.

There is a rubber gasket.

I've reused mine and never had any problem

Its fairly thick.

( inb4 thats what she said )

Comment

Originally posted by organ View Post
      I'm planing on cleaning my IAC valve. I need to know whether or not there's a gasket under there that will need replacing. Thanks in advance.

its always wise to get a new one.for sure,your iac valve gasket is has harden and ready to snap once you remove them.

Comment

Originally posted by stunin92_accord View Post
        its always wise to get a new one.for sure,your iac valve gasket is has harden and ready to snap once you remove them.
        Mine are still plenty rubbery

These aren't like other rubber gaskets inside the engine. They never touch oil which slowly absorbs in and petrifies the rubber making it hard and in some even brittle.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          Mine are still plenty rubbery

These aren't like other rubber gaskets inside the engine. They never touch oil which slowly absorbs in and petrifies the rubber making it hard and in some even brittle.

yes your right,they never touch oil.but,the heat from the intake manifold,coolant flowing through the IAC valve,and the amount of torque on the bolts squeezing that rubber.plus when was the last time that the previous owners had change those rubbers?

Comment

Originally posted by stunin92_accord View Post
            yes your right,they never touch oil.but,the heat from the intake manifold,coolant flowing through the IAC valve,and the amount of torque on the bolts squeezing that rubber.plus when was the last time that the previous owners had change those rubbers?
            I have the original IACV from my car sitting in my desk ( it has about 150k and 18 years under its belt ) and its still rubbery and thick enough to work just fine

Comment

I have several IACVs from the junkyard. The IACV will die before the rubber does.

Comment

Thanks for the information, guys.

Comment

i use RTV to make my own gasket for it. no leaks after 7 months

Comment

Working...
                  X