Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

oil leak (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil leak (pics)

hey what's up guys, hope everything's good with you. i got my car back from the shop a few weeks ago and sprung a leak recently. doesn't seem to be that bad, hoping i can fix it myself. now i don't really wanna take my car back to that same shop because well it's kind of a long story... i wanna fix it at home especially if it's something easy. sorry if the pics are blurry...

it doesn't look like it's the valve cover cause i felt up and down along the vertical part of that area. the oil seems to collect on that metal slab thing with the AAA engraved on it and drips down to the road. you see the timing belt cover, i'm on the driver's side of the car looking down. what seal should i replace and where do i start? how can i get a better view? could it be that the mechanic didn't put balance shaft seal retainer and it's popped out already?? the mechanic did a timing belt and water pump job... i've driven very modestly around 100-150 miles only since i picked it up from the shop. thanks in advance!!

it could be the head gasket maybe?..do u get smoke coming out your muffler?

Comment

Originally posted by stunin92_accord View Post
      it could be the head gasket maybe?..do u get smoke coming out your muffler?
      nope no smoke coming out of muffler, at least not at idle. i'll have to check tomorrow if i'm getting smoke while revving... ty for reply.

more info: 1993 Honda Accord SE, Automatic

Comment

mines leak in the same spot i heard it could be your cam seal btw nice accord

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...85#post2984985

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyPhresh89 View Post
          mines leak in the same spot i heard it could be your cam seal btw nice accord
          yes the cam seal cause's this the balance shaft is way lower then engrave area of the block so best thing to do is set the timing which you have to remove the timing cover the bottom one as well get it to top dead center all aligned take valve cover off remove the bolt on cam and should come out then remove seal place new one..i use a bit of grease on the inner part of the new seal so it wont rip or get damaged. so from here reassemble as started as the balance shaft there's a access hole in the back of the block which is a 12mm or 14mm dont remember well align the shaft and stick a screwdriver in hole to hold it while you put ur timing belt back on once done put bolt back on as well and the rest is pretty straight forward. ps the screwdriver method is way to help theres a special tool that is suppose to be used as the manual (says) same thing just wast of money IMO. Hope this helps out GL
          Last edited by 10k; 10-13-2011, 04:04 AM.
          WHEN LIFE PASSES YOU BY...DOWN SHIFT...

Comment

Originally posted by 10k View Post
            yes the cam seal cause's this the balance shaft is way lower then engrave area of the block so best thing to do is set the timing which you have to remove the timing cover the bottom one as well get it to top dead center all aligned take valve cover off remove the bolt on cam and should come out then remove seal place new one..i use a bit of grease on the inner part of the new seal so it wont rip or get damaged. so from here reassemble as started as the balance shaft there's a access hole in the back of the block which is a 12mm or 14mm dont remember well align the shaft and stick a screwdriver in hole to hold it while you put ur timing belt back on once done put bolt back on as well and the rest is pretty straight forward. ps the screwdriver method is way to help theres a special tool that is suppose to be used as the manual (says) same thing just wast of money IMO. Hope this helps out GL
            thank you my friends

Comment

Working...
            X