Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92 cb7 with jdm h22 wont REV pass 5000PMS any ideas!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 cb7 with jdm h22 wont REV pass 5000PMS any ideas!!

Ok so this is how everthing start it, I burn my 2nd Gear on 5 speed m2b4 transmission with lsd and i decide to get a regular transmission from a prelude, none lsd couldn't affort m2b4 tranny, way to pricy.. Any ways, me an my friend did the transmission swap, so he did top part i did bottem before all this my car was really powerfull dyno was 210hp 179 torque, no check engine light and v-tec kicks in at 4000 rpms.. Anyways we finish the swap ..car didnt want to start at the bigenning so i found the problem, one of the wires was ripped from I think it was the CTS sensor, so i fixed it car now sounds good but i decide it to take it for a run to test my new transmission, i notice that went i try to speed up and rev to high RMPS, I stomp on the Gas pedal as soonest it hits 5000 rpms IT STOPS like it would be red line!!! So i went back home i notice that there is something wrong with it, there is a red wire coming from the harness above the distrubitor that is disconected like ripped off and a vacuum house from the vacuum control box disconected.. I belive its the 2nd one from the right,not the one that goes to the evap can... well i couldnt found the problem, another problem that i found it was the temperature gauge is not working :-( ... Today i was driving it like that and my speedometer stop working also so its really bad and gave headaches... I spend so much time already working on it and i cant figure out i done research an no luck, one other of the things that he mess up its he conected the baterry Terminals the wrong way so he burn my battery fuse so i replace it....we did all this from 5pm to 2am....any one have any ideas what can it be wrong with it or this problem has it happen to any one alse please any IDEAS THank you every one!!
    Last edited by jokerincb7; 01-16-2012, 02:43 AM. Reason: spelling

try resetting the ecu first. also, do you have any check engine lights? sounds like simple stuff that happens during a swap. did you swap the vss to the new trans? i know vtec wont pop unless it has certain parameters met. and vss is one of them.
    COUPE K24

Comment

thank u

the VSS? not familiar and how do i restart the ecu i disconect the cables an let it over night and still the same than i disconect the ecu and let it off over night and same and i use my m2b4 speed sensor

Comment

vss = vehicle speed sensor.

disconnect the neg (-) battery cable, or pull the back up fuse out the fuse box.

do you have a CEL?
        COUPE K24

Comment

The back up fuse is the battery fuse right thats the one it burn when battery cables when wrong,so no CEL

Comment

no its not that one. its like a 7.5a fuse.

recheck the sensors under the dizzy. All 4 CTS's. also, make sure the vss is securely plugged in.
            COUPE K24

Comment

i took out my chipped p28 to see if i can see any burn marks but it all look good no blow chips or burn stuff the only time there was a CEL the cam sensor wired was rip but i fix it and now its good

Comment

whats all 4 Cts, ok i found the ECU fuse its the one in the fuse box under the hood so take out the fuse with the ecu in an should i disconect the battery (-) terminal

Comment

still sounds like its going in safe mode.
                  COUPE K24

Comment

Fan switch A on the thermo housing
                    CTS under dizzy.
                    1 wire sending unit for temp gauge. - check that because you said your temp gauge isnt working.
                    Fan switch B on front water neck.
                    COUPE K24

Comment

You don't take out the fuse marked ECU. You take out the fuse marked Radio/Backup. Or just disconnect the battery cables. You don't need to do it overnight. A few minutes is all it takes.

If you have a chipped P28, I STRONGLY recommend you get an unmodified P13 for troubleshooting purposes. Without knowing what was done to your ECU (I hope it was properly tuned for your motor...) it's hard to say what's wrong, and something clearly is.

Also, what IS done to your motor? because a stock H22A should only be putting down 165-170whp.

Please use punctuation when typing. It's damn near impossible to figure out what the hell you're saying. If you want us to spend our time helping you, spend a little time making your post understandable.

Comment

ok so the Fan swith A on the thermo housing its behind the one in the back on the back were the long house goes-fun works fine i unplug it and it goes off..
                        my other question does the sending unit wire is located on the block and any idea whats the color of the wire
                        fan switch B is it in front of the car by the fan

Comment

the sending unit is red. atleast on my 93 ex it is. its a single red wire.
                          COUPE K24

Comment

ok h22a,headers,full exhaust,CAI, thats pretty much that i know i got the car with the swap, new in the h22...there is a vacuum house that i cant figure out were it goes its the 2nd one from the vacuum....

Comment

ok now it makes sense the red wire i was talking about earlier its a full red wire and this wire were does it goes on mine it was just hanging so my dumb friend probably pull it or something so he doesn't remember

Comment

Working...
                              X