Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 Lude, Engine swap help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 Lude, Engine swap help.

So, a good friend of mine has been swapping an engine into his 1991 Prelude. Its just a stock B21A1, I thinks it's an A1. not that it really matters. I figured I'd post on here because anyone with knowledge or experience will likely be able to help with this too. Plus I like the guys on here and I don;t want to migrate to another forum.
    My friend kale and I have minor mechanical experience, we are not mechanically retarded but we are by no means experts.
    So the new engine is in his car. Everything is hooked up, he timed the engine and dizzy, he has changed fluids, bled the clutch, pretty much anything I can think of. The engine will turn over but will not start. There is spark. Next step is testing for fuel, correct? So do a fuel pressure test. Any other suggestions or tips on the build?

Ya check if your getting fuel and check the engine harness ground I forgot to hook it up once and no fuel but got spark

Comment

does it have dohc and there is a ground somewhere along the fire wall or driver side fender well area

Comment

What did you swap in it?

there are 2 wires going to the starter. The big ass one and a smaller one. Turn the key on and get out and jump both of them and that will make it crank.
        Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
        93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

www.preludepower.com my friend.

the b21 is OBD1 most 3gp luders swap in a b20aX in its place to get rid of the FRM cylinder walls. the 3g lude is a very temperamental car. treat it well and maintain it and it will be good to you. otherwise you are going to get the prelude curse.

easy way to find if ur getting fuel pressure is to pull the fuel rail 17mm bolt or the fuel filter 17mm bolt and turn the key one click forward and fuel will rush out if the pump is good and well you are getting fuel to at least the fuel filter or rail.

if fuel doesnt rush out of the line, most likely your main relay needs resolder as mine did when i first got my 3g lude.

mine
          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
            What did you swap in it?

there are 2 wires going to the starter. The big ass one and a smaller one. Turn the key on and get out and jump both of them and that will make it crank.
            As stated above, it's a B21 DOHC, it turns overs. Just doesn't start. But thank you for the reply.

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
            www.preludepower.com my friend.

the b21 is OBD1 most 3gp luders swap in a b20aX in its place to get rid of the FRM cylinder walls. the 3g lude is a very temperamental car. treat it well and maintain it and it will be good to you. otherwise you are going to get the prelude curse.

easy way to find if ur getting fuel pressure is to pull the fuel rail 17mm bolt or the fuel filter 17mm bolt and turn the key one click forward and fuel will rush out if the pump is good and well you are getting fuel to at least the fuel filter or rail.

if fuel doesnt rush out of the line, most likely your main relay needs resolder as mine did when i first got my 3g lude.
            I know of those sites bit like I said I like this site and knew that there are knowledgable people like yourself on here. Thank you for the advice
            Last edited by JoshM; 01-27-2012, 02:05 PM. Reason: merged

Comment

Working...
            X