Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cam and other maintanece at the same time ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam and other maintanece at the same time ?

I was thinking about getting a preformance cam and was wondering what would be the best? (heard good/bad things about Gude)and is there a power to mpg ratio ? also im getting my timing belt done and, i was wondering should i bundle the cam with the timing belt ?

tl;dr -
    1. Good cam for a cb7?
    2. will i lose mpg?
    3. what other upgrades should i do when doing cam ?

1990 Accord DX - F22A1 250k+ Ram Air intake/high flow exhaust. everything else stock.

inb4 search- tried i got every post with the word/segmented word cam =\
    Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
    Originally posted by deevergote
    den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Knock it off with the inb4 shit. Nobody is allowed to just say "search" here, or they will get banned. It gets annoying seeing that in every thread you make. Next time I see it, I'm just going to delete your thread.

Stay away from Gude. Bisimoto is the place to go for all things F22A. Doing the timing belt and water pump at the same time would be a smart thing. You'll also want to change the cam seals (well, you'll pretty much have to), and if you get anything but the mildest of cams, you'll need to upgrade your valve springs.

Yes, you will probably see a decrease in mpg. MOST increases in power will be accompanied by a loss of fuel economy. More power means more air, more air usually requires more fuel.

Get a tunable ECU (read the ECU Tuning section of this forum, and search for P06 before asking "how do I do that?") Having an ECU that is properly tuned will make the most of an upgraded cam, and it may return some fuel economy.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Knock it off with the inb4 shit. Nobody is allowed to just say "search" here, or they will get banned. It gets annoying seeing that in every thread you make. Next time I see it, I'm just going to delete your thread.

Stay away from Gude. Bisimoto is the place to go for all things F22A. Doing the timing belt and water pump at the same time would be a smart thing. You'll also want to change the cam seals (well, you'll pretty much have to), and if you get anything but the mildest of cams, you'll need to upgrade your valve springs.

Yes, you will probably see a decrease in mpg. MOST increases in power will be accompanied by a loss of fuel economy. More power means more air, more air usually requires more fuel.

Get a tunable ECU (read the ECU Tuning section of this forum, and search for P06 before asking "how do I do that?") Having an ECU that is properly tuned will make the most of an upgraded cam, and it may return some fuel economy.
      also i gues i should have asked, is it smart to be doing this to a f22a1 with 250k+ on it ?

god damn it i love your replys LOL. no games straight to the point no bs.

ok cool, about the ecu i was thinking about getting a P12 im assuming a tuned P06 will be better for me then a P12 ?
      Last edited by tutsuo; 02-01-2012, 11:05 AM.
      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

The P12 is ideal for a stock F22A1, nothing else. Once you introduce a cam, it's not necessarily better than what you have. If it is, it will be only marginally so. If the cam is a long way off, then grab the P12 for a 10hp gain (or so). If the cam is going to be something you'll do in the near future, then look into a P06. It must be professionally modified and tuned for YOUR engine... so no random "chip" from the internet will do. Find a local dyno shop, or at the very least a competent street tuner. Depending on your location, you may be near some members here that know what they're doing with an ECU.

Comment

The P12 is ideal for a stock F22A1, nothing else. Once you introduce a cam, it's not necessarily better than what you have. If it is, it will be only marginally so. If the cam is a long way off, then grab the P12 for a 10hp gain (or so). If the cam is going to be something you'll do in the near future, then look into a P06. It must be professionally modified and tuned for YOUR engine... so no random "chip" from the internet will do. Find a local dyno shop, or at the very least a competent street tuner. Depending on your location, you may be near some members here that know what they're doing with an ECU.
          ok will do i believe i have a P06 in my car right now only problem is im in Norfolk Virginia and all the dyno shops around me are and i quote from on the dyno shops " we're all about american muscle, trade that in for a mustang and come talk to me, this aint the shop for you "
          Last edited by tutsuo; 02-01-2012, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
            ok will do i believe i have a P06 in my car right now only problem is im in Norfolk Virginia and all the dyno shops around me are and i quote from on the dyno shops " we're all about american muscle, trade that in for a mustang and come talk to me, this aint the shop for you "
            Sucks for them, they are the ones losing your money and the possibility of your word of mouth recommendation of their work. Now all they will get is your negativity towards them not accepting imports and negativity spreads way faster than a recommendation.
            "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
              Millennium Performance in Porthsmouth,Va is THE Dyno Shop in the 757 Area for Import Tuners. If you are ever out cruising on saturday nights goto the Home Depot in Newport News off of Jefferson Avenue. Look for a guy named Ernie, he has a S14 Silvia with Kouki front. Tell him Joey sent you and you want to street tune your car before you goto Millennium. If you're lucky and not a total noob he will hook you up with an ECU and a tune. But don't come at him unless your money is right because he is in high demand.(I'm serious about that part, he does turn people away and once he does....no soup for you my friend.)

He street tuned my H22 before I got on the dyno and let's just say that I was hustling a lot of guys out there back in the day....
              '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                Millennium Performance in Porthsmouth,Va is THE Dyno Shop in the 757 Area for Import Tuners. If you are ever out cruising on saturday nights goto the Home Depot in Newport News off of Jefferson Avenue. Look for a guy named Ernie, he has a S14 Silvia with Kouki front. Tell him Joey sent you and you want to street tune your car before you goto Millennium. If you're lucky and not a total noob he will hook you up with an ECU and a tune. But don't come at him unless your money is right because he is in high demand.(I'm serious about that part, he does turn people away and once he does....no soup for you my friend.)

He street tuned my H22 before I got on the dyno and let's just say that I was hustling a lot of guys out there back in the day....
                hey yea thanks man i actually went to millennium before i read your post they said $600 for chip/ecu and tune. what do you mean about my money is right ?

Comment

You have a P06 in your car now? Did you put it there, or did the previous owner put it there? The P06 is a Civic ECU, and should not be in your car unless it has been properly modified and tuned to run it safely.

Comment

You have a P06 in your car now? Did you put it there, or did the previous owner put it there? The P06 is a Civic ECU, and should not be in your car unless it has been properly modified and tuned to run it safely.
                    your right sorry, i have the stock cb7 ecu. there gunna charge me $600 for chipped ecu, dyno and tune.

to be honest i think im getting ahead of my self im really excited about my car and i dumping over $1000 every 2 weeks, and im begining to feel like i could just get a decent turbo h22 if i saved up for a few months. so i think im gunna finish up the maintenance that i have on my list now and paint it, and run it like that for a bit.
                    Last edited by tutsuo; 02-06-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X