Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22ax N/a newb questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
    less mileage doesn't always mean better. im sure youve seen a lot of the h22as from japan that has all that oil build up and sludge. that is horrible for rings.
    Actually i've only seen CPMike's engine when he posted pictures of the sludge in his a year or so ago.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      But this thread is about the OP's build, not yours... and he included P&P in that build. Once that much is put into the head, risking it would be unwise... both in terms of shaving the head, and in terms of running a stock bottom end that could plant a piston right into it.
      It does say P&P but it doesn't specially say hand or CNC. Reguardless if milled or not if the bottom end lets lose in a certain matter to send the piston into the head 9 times outta 10 its completely destroyed anyway. No one needs a forged bottom end to achieve 150whp safely on these engines and IF you manage to sling a piston into the deck of the head at 150 whp with forged or stock you did something wrong in the build/rebuild to start with.

And i know this isn't about my build hence "I know the reasons behind what i'm doing, but this isn't about my build". That is why i suggested a milder mill nor did i suggest anything else because honest you and i both know 95% of these build threads go no where.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

WOW...

if only my eg forum gave this much debate on every member of its forum that posted. I can not show how much appreciation for the info guys...
        Anyway I would be going with a 272 delta, my budget is somewhat unlimited for the first 3 months. It won't be in the car until April ish so I can build at will not worrying about downtime with my dd. I guess 160-170 would be acceptable as long as that came with good torque. My biggest concern with shaving the head I not slapping my valves 5k into the build. As for the pnp I'm experienced in hand pnping as I used to pnp SBC and BBC heads for a living, no worries their.

I know this a bit off topic and wrong forum but can I use the stock f22 mounts for the swap, I saw a couple forums mention something like that.

Btw what are the gain s over delta with bisi scams

Adam

Comment

with .035 milled, delta 272 and no headgasket. i still had sufficient p2v clearance.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Did you see a bump in power with the millling?

Do you think the set up above is worth 165 whp? trq?

Comment

If I get a car with a motor in it. Maybe add a camshaft. Then tune it. What kind of power do you think I'll make?

Comment

I'm not very knowledgeable on milling the head. But I'll side with Deev on this one because I would prefer to err on the side of caution. Too much of an investment to risk. I know he doesn't want to dive into the bottom end. But IMHO it's the lesser of the two evils.

JDM F22B pistons will net you a half a point at 9.3:1. Bisimoto Ferrea both carry flat top high comp valves which should bump you around 9.8:1. I can't guarantee what kind of gains you'll get but the torque is what's most valuable.

JDM F20B pistons are also at stock bore for 11.0:1, but I'm not sure as to what rod combo you might need for them as it obviously has a shorter stroke than the F22A.

You can also:

Bore the block to 86mm and use F23A pistons and rods or.....

K20A pistons with the F23A rods I believe is correct. That will put you right at 11.0:1. No milling of the head is going to get gains like a bump in compression like that!

Also, while we're sourcing OEM parts that can pack a punch, you can stroke the motor with a longer crankshaft with the F23A1 or K24A, you just have to machine it to fit the block and match the appropriate rod to the piston. Since you're a domestic guy I figure that would appeal to you. I would definitely recommend the Level 1 Bisi Cam for your build though. There's no comparison.

Just my perspective...I've always wanted to do a DC2 with an F22A in it. Make sure you link us when it's done. Good luck.
                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Dangit Joey, now every newb on this forum is going to want to do a K24 crank without knowing the machine work involved. It's a bit more involved than simply machining it to fit. But yes, it can be done. I would say it's outside of the scope of this build though. The gains he want can be had with factory bottom end dimensions. It just needs some help with compression and new rings.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

did he say eg if so id just stick to a gsr swap will give you what you want stock and alot less hassle putting it in

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                      Dangit Joey, now every newb on this forum is going to want to do a K24 crank without knowing the machine work involved. It's a bit more involved than simply machining it to fit. But yes, it can be done. I would say it's outside of the scope of this build though. The gains he want can be had with factory bottom end dimensions. It just needs some help with compression and new rings.
                      I know that; I know it's a bit more than machining it to fit, but there's no need in writing a whole page's worth unless he's seriously interested in doing it. Hell I don't even know myself if I have every i dotted and every t crossed. But on my next go around the block it's something I do plan to do along with a write-up. wed3k probably would correct me though on the process if I was wrong; it's more his neck of the woods.
                      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

So I would put a gsr... but every one swaps in a gsr! and considering I can get an f22ax for under 200 dollars and the swap costs me another 200 .. plus maybe another 300 for parts giving me a 150 ish whp for probably around 1000 dollars. SO Im an anti-B series Fanboy. That is why I came to a cb7 forum and not a disgusting hond-tech ish forum.

Going back to the original point. 272 delta vs bisi level 1 =?

Comment

Also , I have seen all the work people have done with boring the block out to fit k20/f23 pistons but how reliable is that on a low mileage block ?

Comment

The 272 is a good cam period, check out my cam thread in performance tech section for info on F22 cams. The difference is the 272 is generic and is great for topend as where the bisi lvl 2 has more R&D behind it and better throughout the power band. I've ran two 272's and love them they pull great up above 4k and the price is great.

I wouldn't waste my time with a lvl 1 the 272 requires no valve train the lvl 2 recommends it, but plenty have ran without it.

You're going to need a tune either way.

02 Crv
                            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

Est. on the cost of the k24+k20 pistons build? Doesnt sound terribly difficult and or expensive?

Comment

Either k20a3 pistons or k20a2 are the easiest to find.K20a3 will give you compression in the 10s, as the A2's IIRC will be close to 11.5.1.

Brand new and while you're at it install some ARP rod bolts i'd say around $500-600 give or take.But if you are plaining on doing this then i'd go ahead and up grade the valve train aswell so you can get the full benift out of the setup. Even cheap alternatives will get costly if done right.
                                Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 02-06-2012, 04:01 PM.

02 Crv

Comment

Working...
                                X