Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Coil over ride height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coil over ride height

Went I got my cb9 it was slammed on
    Lude springs( don't recall the brand but they were purple) since I wasnt really fond of dragging my oil pan.... They had to go. So I got all new factory stuff and redid the suspension. Well lately my wheel collection has grown. My daily wheels are 20's. I've recently picked up a set of 18 incl icw's and a set of 16 inch xxr's. So after some searching function and forms seem to
    Fit the bill. Swap wheels,adjust suspension and ride. But I still still need to be able to sit near stock height for the 20's. Will the f&f's do this or do I need to look at a different set up?

I can't understand a damn thing you're saying. What is it that you want to know? Do you want coilovers that will allow you to sit at stock height? Ask the makers of the coilovers. They'll be able to give you real answers, not just what kids on the internet think. The information on this site is good... but for something so specific, go to the source.

Comment

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I have 3 different sets of wheels and I need a set of coil overs I can set in 3 different positions. The only real
      Question is can I adjust them near factory height? The only reason i asked is I'd like some real world feed back. Like how some people say one
      Spring from one company sits lower than another
      Spring, but the manufacture of both say
      They offer the same drop

Comment

The manufacturer of a quality product will provide accurate specifications. The shocks used can sometimes affect height as well.

Comment

I would assume you can achieve stock ride height with coilovers. And what you are trying to do (be able to adjust your ride height to compensate for 3 different types of wheels) you will probably need coilovers. Like I said, it would be a good assumption that coilovers (any brand really) would allow you to adjust to stock height. But thats just me assuming. Like Deev said, the only way to know for sure is to ask the manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
          X