Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Jdm f22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jdm f22a

Order a Jdm f22a from hmotors. What can I do to get some more hp out of it and is it a smooth swap to a 92 accord?

By "smooth" I'm assuming you mean difficulty. Everything bolts in like stock; why are you wasting your money though? $1000+ for roughly the same engine with an extra 10whp? Do some research please.....
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

On a budget

I would love to do a h22a or f20b but don't have that kind of money anymore. I married and have two kidos so got to do the safest route and stick with something that is an easy swap that me and my brother feel comfortable doing with the least worries. Any other info would be great! Is there a different ecu that would be better for this motor?

Comment

I know what you're saying about being safe and minimizing risk. But what Joey is saying is that the F22A is not a great value when ordered from an importer. For a tiny amount more you could have a much better motor like the F22B DOHC or F20A DOHC. Both of those motors are great and respond very well to modifications. The fact is that by this point all of these motors have been sitting on a shelf for a few years now. Typically the only advantage this motor would have over an F22A sourced over here is lower mileage. With all the sludge build up that's occurred over the years with this thing sitting on a shelf you may have been better off rebuilding what you had. It would have come out cheaper and the end result would have been much better. Not as easy, obviously.

As for the ECU, if you have an EX, it uses a PT6 ECU. That's the nicer one for these cars. The tune is a little better because of the nicer camshaft and IABs. If you don't, grab that ECU. You'll also need to wire up the IABs. If you're not sure what those are, do a quick search around and you'll find what I'm talking about as well as an explanation on how to wire them if you don't have an EX.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

It's identical to the engine in your car now.

Comment

thanks for the info! i do have an ex so i should be good to go. well hopefully this motor is a good one! i have heard a lot of good things about hmotors. maybe in a few years i can talk my wife into a better swap!lol! but i would like to put a turbo on it! I've got a lot of money in this car and don't plan on ever getting rid of it!

would a h23 intake manifold help with more hp? and if so is it a simple swap over from the stock manifold?

Yes my motor is getting close to 300000 miles and the tranny is shot. Thanks for all the info and sorry to disappoint you guys with my choice to go back stock. This car isn't setup for speed or racing. It's an old show car and my daily driver now. I love the look that the cb7s and how a lot of you guys on this site are fixing them up! My brother has a two door 92 accord and he's gonna go with a h22a or a f20b. But for now I'm just sticking with the stock motor.
            Last edited by JoshM; 02-29-2012, 04:43 PM. Reason: merged

Comment

You're still going to go through with it? You know you can pull one from a junkyard/craigslist for roughly $300 right? I mean sure it's USDM and not JDM. But for what you get it really is a bad investment; and like Jarrett mentioned a motor sitting on a shelf for years isn't necessarily a good thing. The roughly $500 you'd save from getting an F22A out of the yard could go towards getting a chipped ECU, or some low end Intake/Header/Exhaust mods, then hopping on the dyno. You would make more power out of the box then the $1500 you'd spend on that JDM motor. But if you still do go that route, I wish you luck.
              '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
              If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Do you need a replacement motor? As said above, the JDM F22A is identical... IDENTICAL... to the F22A6 you have in your car right now. If your current engine is healthy, the swap is good for nothing but the experience of doing it.

The only difference between the two is that the JDM engine doesn't have a 6 stamped on the block after F22A.

Yes, the H23 manifold will be beneficial. It has been covered extensively.

Comment

Going stock is fine. That's why I'm in the process of doing as well. I just think the way you went about it was inefficient. I don't know how much one of those costs from hmotors but I'm assuming it's expensive. The additional costs will be having to replace the timing belt, water pump and balancer shaft belt to be warrantied and then replacing any leaking gaskets or seals that will likely be present on the engine. So, while not as in-depth, you're still going to need to do some of things you would have had to do in a rebuild. If you had initially purchased a used motor here and torn it down to rebuild it you're looking at saving hundreds. You wouldn't have near as high of an initial cost of the motor and the addition of rebuild components to the replacement motor sourced here would only have been a couple hundred, tops.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Murph, I like your call on the f22. Regardless if it is basically a straight over swap. Just think you paid around a grand for a motor with 35-50k on it that will last you another 200k miles minimum.

That is cheaper than buying a newer car with that amount of miles on it.
                    "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

Yeah, no problem at all with you going for another F22A. I just didn't want to see you going through the trouble to rip out one F22A just to put in another that was identical, thinking you were upgrading (trust me... too many people on here think that because something is "JDM" that it's a bazillion times better than anything we have here!)
                      If you install it yourself, the knowledge and experience gained will be far better than a few extra horsepower.

Comment

Working...
                      X