Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90 prelude si catback exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 prelude si catback exhaust?

Will a 90 prelude si cat back hang on a cb7 with stock hangers? My buddy has one he will trade me for my stock exhaust. This one I'm getting is 2.25" inside dia. If it wont ill just hack off the stock muffler and swap it with my ractive. Cannon muffler. Just thought I would ask before I get too far into this project.

The entire catback won't fit perfectly, no.

Comment

K so I'm better off just hacking off the stock muffler and welding on my muffler. I'm adding a 27" glasspack so it has a nice deep tone to it. Eventually down the road ill be getting a header and downpipe for it. Ty for the anwser

Comment

Originally posted by jeffy93 View Post
        K so I'm better off just hacking off the stock muffler and welding on my muffler.
        Not sure if that will solve your issue. The Prelude and Accord are different cars, it still might not bend in the right places from the cat back, regardless of what muffler you have on there.

Comment

Are you going for sound only? If so, then hacking off the stock muffler and welding an aftermarket piece to the stock piping will be fine. However, you won't see much of a performance gain if you retain that narrow stock piping.

Comment

Actually when I climbed under it I had a nice suprise one of its previous owners had replaced the exhaust with 2" tubing. Hooray for me. I just hacked off the muffler after the rear axle and cut a piece of 2" straight pipe with a flanged end. Clamped it and made my own hangers out of some 5/16 threaded rod we had laying around our shop. Sounds amazing I love it wish I had put a glass pack on it but ohh well.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffy93 View Post
              Actually when I climbed under it I had a nice suprise one of its previous owners had replaced the exhaust with 2" tubing. Hooray for me. I just hacked off the muffler after the rear axle and cut a piece of 2" straight pipe with a flanged end. Clamped it and made my own hangers out of some 5/16 threaded rod we had laying around our shop. Sounds amazing I love it wish I had put a glass pack on it but ohh well.
              Why would you do that? You could have just left the muffler on their........ even with 2" piping that is only 1/4" bigger than OEM. Even with 2.25", you won't see much of a gain. The exhaust can only flow as well as the greatest restriction in the piping.

For example, in my school there is a hallway that is about 10' wide in one spot, it then narrows down to about 6'. Traffic flows down the 10' part of the hallway just fine. As soon as people start getting to the 6' hallway, it starts getting slower until you are practically stepping on the people in front of you.

That is pretty much what you are doing when you add a cat back exhaust. Sure after the cat it will flow nicely, but honestly, it won't really do much.
              Last edited by cuate01221; 03-06-2012, 08:23 PM.

Comment

So you're running without a muffler? I bet the people in your town love you.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                X