Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

coilovers or lowering springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coilovers or lowering springs

whats better coil overs or lowering springs? and if springs how much of a drop should i go with if i have 16s

Coil overs big time

Try to find 2.75 drop
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

If you decide to go with lowering springs you will need to mate them with a compatible strut. Research and make sure that the strut can handle the drop and spring rates. Otherwise you'll blow the struts.
      92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
      2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
      2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2381 View Post
        whats better coil overs or lowering springs? and if springs how much of a drop should i go with if i have 16s
        It's not that which is better, but more like what suits your style. Are you looking to slam? or lower for performance? Whatever you decide to go with, you pretty much have to pay to play. please dont cheap out on suspension or else Deev will call you out lol

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
        My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
        Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

I think you'll have to go with coils of your running 16's. Like Darkcloud said, you cant find springs that will go that low. Plus you have the benefit of adjustability and not a fixed height which can be very useful for many different situations in the future.

Comment

You need to give more info are you planing to have some rubber on those rims or next to nothing? Do you want your wheels to sit right or look broken. if you want them to look right you will need a Camber kit if you decide to go very low. with coilovers you have more options to play with, lowering spring you don't. If it helps I bought coil sleves for one of my cars thinking that I would put them to use..... Nope never did got to lazy to mess with them.

So next time around I just got lowering springs with shocks. For a beginner drop I would recommend 1.75-2.0 inch drop not to low that you will need a camber kit but low enough to see a difference. And if you chose a nice size tire to go with those 16" rims it will sit real nice, unless your after the slammed look.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2381 View Post
              I think lowering springs are better I used to have coil overs on my 91 cb7 and it jump alot now I have lowering springs and they are better

Comment

Originally posted by P1nw1n0 View Post
                I think lowering springs are better I used to have coil overs on my 91 cb7 and it jump alot now I have lowering springs and they are better
                depends wich coilovers, my D2's doesnt bounce at all but they costs 10 times the cheap ones on ebay... I've heard that form fonction ones are pretty good for the price

Comment

Originally posted by P1nw1n0 View Post
                  I'm assuming you had shitty $30 coilover sleeves on improperly matched shocks, correct?

Neither one is "better". It all depends on what you want from your setup, and what you'll be doing with it. I like springs because I don't have the need or knowledge to adjust the height of my car. Adjusting coilovers for safe performance is more than just twisting something until you like the stance of your car. Properly engineered springs with shocks that are made to work with the drop and spring rate will take all the guesswork out of your suspension. I prefer that method, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    I'm assuming you had shitty $30 coilover sleeves on improperly matched shocks, correct?

Neither one is "better". It all depends on what you want from your setup, and what you'll be doing with it. I like springs because I don't have the need or knowledge to adjust the height of my car. Adjusting coilovers for safe performance is more than just twisting something until you like the stance of your car. Properly engineered springs with shocks that are made to work with the drop and spring rate will take all the guesswork out of your suspension. I prefer that method, personally.
                    I don't know wish kind of coil over where because they were on my car when I got it but they were probably the shipper ones

Comment

Working...
                    X