Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car starts up but dies immediatly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car starts up but dies immediatly

I replaced the fuel pump,fuel filter,cpu,spark plugs,Distributor cap/Rotor,coolant tempature sensor,Fuel level sending unit all within the last 3 months but the car is still having problems.The car starts up after a while of cranking it,but then dies immediatly.I tested the Volts on the Coil ignitor,altenator,fuel pump,spark plug wire coils,and a few others and they all tested ok.I hear the fuel pump turn over and prime and have fuel pressure and spark plugs are brand new and gapd right.when the car was running before it died I did the vaccum leak test on it by spraying carb cleaner around the intake and found no vaccum leak visible.A few days ago it started up and ran good but idled rough,then stopped working after I cleaned the IAC Valve.I tested the IAC valve and it seemed its working ok so Im stumped,any help is much appreciated.

So by replacing the cpu your also meaning computer right? Maybe you got a bad one?

Comment

sry dunno why I put cpu,I mean ecu* yes the computer unit.

Comment

Ok so is it a used one? If your getting fire and gas, maybe the ecu is acting up on you..

Comment

yes its a used one I bought of ebay but when i installed the ecu it worked fine and the car was running until a week ago after I cleaned the IAC valve.I checked the IAC vavle though and it seems to be working properly,and the Distributor aswell.Maybe the Main Fuel Relay?

Comment

I got it too startup and run,but it still is idleing surging up and down.The plastic ring on the Fast Idle Thermal Valve is bad though and I cant find a replacment for it anywhere checked a few stores online and cant find the FITV valve either.I think that might be whats wrong with it idleing rough,I dont know where to buy the part though anyone know if I have to get it from honda dealer?

Comment

Sort of similar problem. I performed an engine swap back in September. I have a 91 accord wagon at the time had 330k miles, timing belt went. Found a wrecked 93 accord with 152k. Everything went awesome, I was really proud of myself.

But last week, when I start the car, everything seems fine until the tach needle jumps erratically everywhere then cuts off. When restarting I have to give some gas to keep it running then actually drive before it warms to my liking. But she does run like a welterweight champ! Awesome ride!

This has happened about 3 times in the past week and wonder where I should start troubleshooting.

Comment

Originally posted by LTrain Cometh View Post
                Sort of similar problem. I performed an engine swap back in September. I have a 91 accord wagon at the time had 330k miles, timing belt went. Found a wrecked 93 accord with 152k. Everything went awesome, I was really proud of myself.

But last week, when I start the car, everything seems fine until the tach needle jumps erratically everywhere then cuts off. When restarting I have to give some gas to keep it running then actually drive before it warms to my liking. But she does run like a welterweight champ! Awesome ride!

This has happened about 3 times in the past week and wonder where I should start troubleshooting.
                Your issue sounds like a bad igniter.

OP do you have access to a pick and pull junk yard near you? Best place to find the plastic piece...
                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by sunabe2k8 View Post
                  I got it too startup and run,but it still is idleing surging up and down.The plastic ring on the Fast Idle Thermal Valve is bad though and I cant find a replacment for it anywhere checked a few stores online and cant find the FITV valve either.I think that might be whats wrong with it idleing rough,I dont know where to buy the part though anyone know if I have to get it from honda dealer?
                  Which motor do you have?

Comment

I have F22a motor,and I dont really have a junkyard within 25 miles of me that I can find the FITV off a cb7.

Comment

I have F22a motor,and I dont really have a junkyard within 25 miles of me that I can find the FITV off a cb7.
                      look on you local Criagslist for CB's that are going for parts. Dont know if the plastic piece is the same as my H23a1 but this is what mine looks like incase you find a Prelude for parts (http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg442...jpg&res=medium)

Comment

I found a awesome deal on ebay for IAC and FITV for like 50bucks.Gonna replace those 2 valves and hope it fixes the problem.

Comment

I found a awesome deal on ebay for IAC and FITV for like 50bucks.Gonna replace those 2 valves and hope it fixes the problem.
                          Hey man my name is kevin and i know a master tech at honda. I also have an issue with my cb7 and im not even sure if they are the same system. But the fast idle and cold start idle idle are attached to the intake. You have to clean out the screen inside them and that should help with the idle issue. The cold idle has a diaphragm and they break so you have to replace it.Hopefuly some helpful infomation. magellan
                          you do have a prelude???

Comment

hey Magellan,I took off and cleaned the IAC valve and put it back on and still idles rough.I tried tightening down the FIT Vavle but its stripped so that might be why It idles rough but for 50bucks new IAC and FIT Valve thats a great deal I couldnt pass up on.I couldnt find the plastic ring for the FIT Vavle anywhere so just gonna replace the whole valve cuz it might be faulty since I didnt feel any suction from it.I have a 91 honda accord lx F22a 4 door.

Comment

I cleaned out the EGR and it idles a little better now,but it still bogs down on acceleration after slowing down.I read online that it might be EGR ports,but not sure how to do that myself,can I just run some seafoam through the engine to clean it all out?

Comment

Working...
                              X