Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Clutch/Transmission Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch/Transmission Problem?

So i changed the clutch on my car, i finished yesterday and today as i was bleeding clutch i started the car, starts normal, but when it was in gear and i was trying to move the car, the wheels wouldn't move?? The hub is like locked in place, the engine feels like its pulling as if it wants to move but the wheels are the ones not functioning, what might this be? help please and thankss!!!!
    <-- LMFAO

Did you replace the pressure plate and check flywheel?

Comment

Sounds like something has seized.

Also, if you just changed your clutch, why are you bleeding the system? There's no need to disconnect the hydraulic lines to replace the clutch.

Comment

So the problem was the caliper bolts were on all the way, not the right bolts, they were holding the rotors.. I bleeded because after i was done the clutch pedal would stay all the way at the bottom Deev, and Now i have another problem, for some reason the steering wheel is super hard now, and when i turn the wheels it sounds like metal is scracthing on something..?
        <-- LMFAO

Comment

Hard steering is a power steering issue. Check your fluid level. Replace the pump if necessary. Not sure what the metal scratching sound could be, though. HOPEFULLY it's not a steering rack issue. I've never dealt with anything like that, so I have no experience with it... but it's possible. I hear it's a pain in the cajones to change the rack.

Comment

Originally posted by rawb_dbap View Post
            So the problem was the caliper bolts were on all the way, not the right bolts, they were holding the rotors.. I bleeded because after i was done the clutch pedal would stay all the way at the bottom Deev, and Now i have another problem, for some reason the steering wheel is super hard now, and when i turn the wheels it sounds like metal is scracthing on something..?
            Did you scar the rotor with those bolts? If so they are destroying your pads right now.
            Originally posted by Mishakol129
            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I ripped into my rotors with a pad that was worn to the metal. I've continued using it.
              Damn captive rotors... they don't mix well with a cheap/lazy deev!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                I ripped into my rotors with a pad that was worn to the metal. I've continued using it.
                Damn captive rotors... they don't mix well with a cheap/lazy deev!
                Let me guess. You've had that same rotor installed for 3.5+ years?
                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by rawb_dbap View Post
                  How in the world did you get the wrong bolts in there?

Clutch fluid should be blead as often as brake fluid(at least every 2 years- and if you ask me every year).

Is the power steering pump funtioning? is there fluid in it? id javk the car up and try to turn lock to lock with the engine off while someone with at least a hint of mechanical knowledge looks for problems. or have someone turn lock to lock for you. With the car suspended in the air there should be virtually no resistance on the steering. Hell, with the car off and suspended and the ignition in the "on" position(so it doesn't lock). You should easily be able to turn the wheels left/right by hand.

Comment

Working...
                  X