Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay catback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay catback?

Hey everyone. My exhaust has recently taken a shit and i am in pretty bad need of a new one. When i say exhaust i mean everything lol. I already grabbed the a4 manifold and cat since my a1 manifold was cracked and my cat rusted apart. If you live in ohio you know how winters can take a toll on metal. Anyway i still need all the catback piping since i couldnt find any at the jy. So i figure if im gonna replace it anyway, might as well upgrade. That being said i looked on ebay and every exhaust is basically the same just a different price. They all say 2.5 inch piping made from polished t-304 stainless and offer a deep N1 style sound. So im just wondering if even though prices differ is quality the same? I know it's ebay and it can only be so good but im just curious. Thanks! And yes im aware it will be loud and raspy but to be honest that sounds good to me haha. EDIT: this is what i was looking at http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-93-HONDA-...3700df&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by hondakid1996; 03-30-2012, 10:59 PM.

Loud and raspy doesn't sound good to the people around you.

I bought my car with a generic stainless exhaust on it just like you find on eBay. It's actually a decent quality piping for the price. I bought the car with a bad engine so I haven't really heard mine other than the sound clips on youtube. However, I don't plan on running mine as is. I've bought an OEM catalytic converter to replace the "test pipe" and I'll be buying a Magnaflow OEM style muffler with chrome tips to replace the fart can on it right now. It's an OEM style but the increase in piping diameter will help performance over the typical Accord muffler. Plus it will help to keep noise down.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

see id really like a nice magnaflow or apexi exhaust but i just dont have that much to spend right now. As of now my car has no exhaust lol. So im in a hurry to find a decent product for a decent price. The piping is what i really want though anyway. Once i get more money ill get a better muffler.

Comment

That's essentially exactly what I'm doing. I'm using the piping but cutting it off at the muffler. The muffler is only $95 for a great quality Magnaflow.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Keep in mind you get what you pay for alot of times, so it might pay off to buy a catback near the middle of the price range

Comment

This is true also. The only reason I'm using this one is because it has decent piping and it was already on the car. I probably wouldn't have purchased it myself.

Comment

i bought the same one on ebay and its not loud at all and i have a test pipe too, but as far as quality, mine looks like its 20 yrs old and i've had it about 3 months. its rusting bad, and the ebay ad said it doesn't rust, but it will be better than what u have now.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET-SPEC View Post
                i bought the same one on ebay and its not loud at all and i have a test pipe too, but as far as quality, mine looks like its 20 yrs old and i've had it about 3 months. its rusting bad, and the ebay ad said it doesn't rust, but it will be better than what u have now.
                Well i kinda figured it wasnt true stainless. I planed on scuffing the shine off and just giving it a few coats of flat black vht paint. My main concern is the seals and how it fits. Did it all line up? Did the seals hold? Those are my main concerns.

Comment

I bought the cheapest set I could find on eBay 2 years ago when my entire exhaust rotted away... I live in pa so the winters r terrible on any metal that is exposed to the salt. Within the 2 years now the only problem I have is slight pitting of the stainless and as far as fitment, it hangs alot of strain on my rear hangers so I gotta replace them twice a year. I honestly have no complaints about it... And as far as the raspyness... Don't bother me in the slightest bit because I dont drive like an asshole

Comment

Crap exhausts are crap... but better than leaky stock exhausts.

Spending the money for quality NOW will improve your overall experience, if you wish to continue modifying the car. Nobody likes cars with nothing but cheap "ebay" parts thrown at them... not observers, and not even the owners.

Comment

The piping on that N1 is thick and reliable. The muffler, is not. The packing will come out after a few months and eventually it'll split. Every day I drove my car with this exhaust on it, it got louder.. and louder.. and louder until I just couldn't take it inside the car anymore. When the shop took it off, the whole top of the muffler was split. Made a clip of the sound the day I installed it.

98' Mustang 3V Swap
                      11' VW CC R36

Comment

I really like how that sounds. And like i said before, i plan on replacing the muffler in the future. All i really need is the piping. As long as the piping is good ill be happy. And deev, i would love to have quality parts on my car, but i dont have time to save the money for one. This is something i need now haha. If it was an important engine part id always go quality but with something like a catback i dont see an issue.

Comment

Working...
                        X