Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need more info on 49 state legal Catalytic Converters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need more info on 49 state legal Catalytic Converters

im looking for a replacement Catalytic Converter ebay has some magnaflows but they have 2 diffrent one's, a 49 state legal and CA legal on the discription it says

"*Not legal for use on California OBD2(96/up) vehicles

These will pass emissions on OBD1 cars in California, but due to local laws mechanics will not install it as California shops can only install specific cats for specific vehicles. So buyers in California will need to install it yourself or drive to another state to have it installed."

is anyone in CA using the 49 state legal one and passed smog with it

The difference in performance will most likely be so minor that you'd never be able to tell the difference. I'd suggest just getting the CA legal cat to ensure you have no problems.

Comment

not looking for performance.the CA legal cat is around $200 while the 49 state legal is less than $80.cant afford to pay that much for the CA cat rite now.I was wondering that it might have to do something with the C.A.R.B plate that they have,Your baisacally paying for the plate.just want to know if i can pass smog with the 49 state one

Comment

Ah, that makes sense!
        Yeah, CARB certification costs money, and that cost is passed on to the consumer.

Honestly, if anyone could answer your question, it'd be wed3k.

Comment

they aren't any different...just you need to find someone to weld them in or teach yourself how to weld.

when i goto las vegas, im going to ship two back just to have. i did it back in september and the guys at autozone didn't even care or know that i was from cali.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

CARB number on the cat. Most smog shops check for it to certify if its correct for the car. If its not there, then it will not pass visual. A few years ago they didnt have to have the number stamped on it.

However, I havent tried yet, but this was implemented just in the last 3 years I think....I believe if you say you got the cat 4 years ago then its ok and they will let it go. But I havent heard of anyone doing so.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
            X