Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How do I get lower in the front? (Coilover sleeves)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get lower in the front? (Coilover sleeves)

Here's a pic of my ride with KYB GS2 shocks and ebay coilover sleeves (0-4" drop). I have them set to the lowest setting possible for front and back and for some reason, the front is still super high! Is this as low as it should go? I have 17" rims in the picture. I want to get some enkei92 15"x7. Would going to a smaller rim drop my ride more and fill in the wheel-fender gap?

maybe take the bomb out of trunk?

that'll even her out

Comment

get rid of the ebay coilover sleeves and get something worth a shit.

just because you put them all on the last spline doesn't mean the drop is going to be even all around. you have to lower them then measure the height from the ground to the center of the wheel arch to get the even drop

My Members Ride Thread
      Originally posted by deevergote
      You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

oooooooorrrrr, raise up the back a tad bit to get rid of the rake

Comment

I wanna ride slammed, like some members here. The back drop is fine, just don't know why the front doesn't go any lower. What do the static dumped people use in their CB7s?

Comment

Originally posted by userix View Post
            I wanna ride slammed, like some members here. The back drop is fine, just don't know why the front doesn't go any lower. What do the static dumped people use in their CB7s?
            Probably not ebay stuff

Comment

But what would make it sit so high? I thought I would be able to drop it super low with these cheap sleeves, albeit with shitty ass ride. Would going with some enkei92 15x7 make it lower, since the rim size is smaller?

This is my secondary daily beater, so I don't wanna spend a lot. What coilovers would you recommend then for slamming?

Comment

the enkei's would lower it more but not it wouldn't affect the front rake you have. Really, in this situation go do research for the coil overs with the most drop. Srsly, thats the easiest way, other than getting told straight up the answer, which no one on here is probably going to do.

Comment

So you want the slammed look on here that others have at the sacrifice of ride quality? In your case, with cheap sleeves and shocks that were by NO means designed to handle that much of a drop you're severely compromising safety too. And not just your own. I'll let Darwin do his thing for you but others happen to drive on the road as well. You need to find a set of used coil overs or buy some decent ones like the FF Type 1. That way you can drop your car to look like the other people you're trying to emulate and be somewhat safe doing so. Nothing is going to make those eBay sleeves even lower.

You want Enkei 92s? That's original. And no, it won't make your front end lower if you buy the tire size correct for the vehicle.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I love it when people say "I want to slam my car, but i don't want to spend alot of money.."
                    You need to pay to play. That's how the car game works

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                    My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                    Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

The only reason your car really looks like the front sits higher than the rear is, i'm pretty sure that the front wheel arch is bigger than the rear. but ebay coilover sleeves? there are times i wish ebay didn't exist...
                      92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                      2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                      2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Threads like this make me want to cry.

Comment

Bling Bling
                          [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Thanks guys for the help and opinions. I fully appreciate all your concerns, but I can do without the negative attitude.

I like the enkei92, I don't see what's the matter about not being original. I see other CB7s with it and love how they look.
                            Last edited by userix; 04-02-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

How are your ball joints?
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X