Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

approximate weight of h22 engine???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

approximate weight of h22 engine???

probably a dumb question but i looked and couldn't find an answer???
    so im trying to buy an h22 , i couldnt find one here locally so i looked out of town , the closest i found is about 3 hrs from me or so....anways i was wondering about how much the h22 weighs plus auto tranny, i dont have a trailer so im thinking of folding down the seats to my 05 expedition and bringing it home like that? the reason im concerned about the weight is too make sure my seats don't break under all the weight if the engine!!! can someone help me out here??? thanx !!!!

about 700-760lbs.you should be fine i fit my motor and trans in the back seat of my 4dr..she squated some but was fine.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
      about 700-760lbs.you should be fine i fit my motor and trans in the back seat of my 4dr..she squated some but was fine.
      thanx, i was thinking of putting a tarp to cover my seats , i was also kinda concerned that it might too around in the back lol should i strap it down or would its weight pretty much keep it down??

Comment

Ive HEARD around 400lbs dry with tranny. But i bet more than that.
        "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
          wait....... u fit an h22 in the back of ur cb7??? lol

Comment

The Auto tranny is about 150 lbs w/o torque converter, so add maybe another 30 to that and the engine I'd say is about 400lbs

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

you'll be fine hauling an H22 in your expedition. a few years ago, a female member hauled one i think from the east coast back west in on the floor of her accord.

Comment

A manual tranny is around 85 wet with out the flywheel.As far the engine I will guess around 300-375lbs. I have had a complete motor in my back seat and short blocks all day in the trunk, You can fit the whole motor with out the intake the the trunk.
                Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

I've lifted an entire A20A (engine only, no trans) by myself. It's smaller than the H22, but the block is solid iron... so it's likely to be heavier. I don't really believe I'd be able to heft 400lbs without a problem.

200-250 for just the engine, I'd expect.
                  I wish someone knew for certain! I did find a site for engine weights once, but I don't believe the H22 was on it. I really wanted to compare an 80s small block Chevy to a 13b rotary...

Comment

My HMO H22A with 5 speed tranny and no fluids and 2 cv axels with headers and down pipe shipped to me at 650 lbs. Im not sure if it was actually wieghed but thats what it said on the packaging. Just the motor and tranny dosent seem too heavy, mine is on a pallet and Im able to slide it around by myself.

Comment

an F22 and H22 should be close to the same weight, I have a Spare F22b1 in my garage maybe I'll weigh it later and see. I agree with a transmission weighin at about 80 lbs.

But 700? no fugin way, a friend and I hauled my F22b1 down a steep driveway, id give those engines a weight of 275 MAX. cause if i could have gotten a better grip and not had it sticking 2 feet off my chest ida easily carried its weight.

Comment

Originally posted by GXLancer View Post
                        My HMO H22A with 5 speed tranny and no fluids and 2 cv axels with headers and down pipe shipped to me at 650 lbs. Im not sure if it was actually wieghed but thats what it said on the packaging. Just the motor and tranny dosent seem too heavy, mine is on a pallet and Im able to slide it around by myself.
                        I'd send that extra header back and ask for a refund. Tell them you only need one.
                        Originally posted by Mishakol129
                        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

GX.

A lot of shipping companies round shipping up to the next rated load, say 400 lbs 650 800 etc. so if it weighs over 400 but nto 650 it still gets stamped at 650. skids usually weigh in at about 40-60 lbs, depending on size and thickness of wood.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                            I'd send that extra header back and ask for a refund. Tell them you only need one.
                            I see what you did there.
                            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Deme_cb7 View Post
                              wait....... u fit an h22 in the back of ur cb7??? lol
                              1 h22,3 f22b's,1 f20b.at different times of course.the motor buy it self no header or accessories just intake head and block weighs about 250.
                              Last edited by 92smokeaccord; 05-04-2012, 02:16 PM.

my new turbo build

Comment

Working...
                              X