Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Strut bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strut bar

Is this a good strut bar?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250906451498...ht_3586wt_1037

Somebody said I should order one from the brand called Godspeed but I dont see that anywhere let me know
    Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

Members ride Thread

Instagram: IbSprintin

You're better off with this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-1993-HO...ht_2681wt_1037

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

why is this one better?
      Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

Members ride Thread

Comment

Has no flex points.

Comment

Originally posted by ExplodingCake View Post
          Has no flex points.
          0oh i see

Members ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatloe View Post
            0oh i see
            In my honest opinion , I would not even waste money on bars with flex/adjusting points.

Comment

Originally posted by ExplodingCake View Post
              I have that one. With no flex point it's harder to put on but better performance. The Sprint sticker is no good. Won't stay on.
              The letters come off easily.

Comment

The Sprint one is a more rigid design, as said, but it won't clear a DOHC engine. If you have a swap, or plan on doing one, then don't get that bar.

The first one is a generic design. The DC Sports strut bar was the first to really gain popularity in that style. I have a Megan Racing knockoff, similar to that one, and it suits me well. Fits with an H22 swap.

Either one will make some difference.

Comment

Generally speaking...Those things are a waste.

If you know anything about a cars suspension then you'll know they aren't worth a crap. What you should be focusing on is the anti-sway bars and rear strut tower brace not the front. What your going to end up doing to the car is making the front too stiff up top where it won't flex like it needs to and you WILL lose traction.

A more proper approach to suspension progression would be:

Larger front anti sway bar(solid not hollow people!, endlinks and bushings(poly- black is better for achieving a more squeak free install) grease the fuck outta them.

Rear Anti sway and poly bushings/endlinks

Rear tower brace.

Shocks and springs.( if you can't do both at the same time do SHOCK FIRST!.)

Front tower brace. If your really going this far then you should have one that connects to the firewal of the car for a 3rd anchor point. They aren't cheap but they are much better than the other 2 showed in this thread. the one Explodingcake showed is a good middle ground though.

Comment

Originally posted by ESP-net
                    CB 90-93 Accord 3 Point Front, 2 Point Rear, 2 Point Rear Lower GOLD

Explicit Speed Performance
                    www.ExplicitSpeedPerformance.net
                    Custom Engineering and Fabrication
                    Motor Mount Kits, Traction Bar Systems, Solid 2/3/4 Pt Strut Bars, F22/H22/H23 Alternator/Tensioner Kits and much more...

A triangulated rear brace would be good too

Comment

Working...
                    X