Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

rearwiper blade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rearwiper blade

Just out of curiosity......
    Cuz i was driving next to a evo 9 n saw the rearwiper
    I was wondering could we do the converse for it or not....
    Keep It Low, And Drive It Slow
    ------------------------------------+---
    89 CRX dx with a 94 del so Si swap - deceased 91 civic hatchback Si with a JDM ZC SOHC swap-sold 92 CB7 accord sedan - living but stock

I think it's been discussed on here before. If I remember correctly, someone said you'd have to get the wiper mechanism off an Integra and modify the back window to get it work, obviously.

Comment

There are a few threads on here about installing a rear wiper. The main problem seems to be cutting a hole in the rear window. Being that it is tempered glass it would "shatter."

see:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=159872
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=169002
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=18888

(i skimmed a couple of those)

via google I searched for: rear wiper site:cb7tuner.com
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I believe CBs may have come with a rear wiper in Asian markets. I think someone in Malaysia might have one.

It would require pretty extensive mods to put one on a car that doesn't have one, though. I'd be afraid of leaks, or cracking the rear window while installing it. To me, not worth the risk.

Comment

Why not just get a arm that's long enough to run to the metal? Of course then the trunk would have to get modded and have like a hole or stationary section or if the wiper could fully sit on the trunk lid when off but it might turn out looking like there's too much going on back there on the trunk.

Was just a suggestion, please don't shoot me for it! Lol... I like to think outside the box, away from what everyone else has sometimes. Would be do able if you angle it and you can weld sheet metal and stuff like that but u'd have to make/find a custom arm.:/
          Last edited by Binladin; 06-09-2012, 02:20 AM. Reason: Edited
          4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            I believe CBs may have come with a rear wiper in Asian markets. I think someone in Malaysia might have one.

It would require pretty extensive mods to put one on a car that doesn't have one, though. I'd be afraid of leaks, or cracking the rear window while installing it. To me, not worth the risk.
            Ok. I would say y couldn't i just use a cb9 wagon rear window. But i realize the they r like round(like pop out)....
            Keep It Low, And Drive It Slow
            ------------------------------------+---
            89 CRX dx with a 94 del so Si swap - deceased 91 civic hatchback Si with a JDM ZC SOHC swap-sold 92 CB7 accord sedan - living but stock

Comment

Originally posted by Binladin View Post
              Why not just get a arm that's long enough to run to the metal? Of course then the trunk would have to get modded and have like a hole or stationary section or if the wiper could fully sit on the trunk lid when off but it might turn out looking like there's too much going on back there on the trunk.
              It's not on the trunk. That would essentially make the trunk unable to be opened, and I don't imagine it'd be a proper angle to make it function properly.
              It'd be mounted to the rear window, actually THROUGH the glass.

Comment

you have to have a jdm rear glass. im sure you can order a replacement from overseas but shipping would be probably 200$ itself. also you would have to have the rear wiper arm and motor, you could use a cb9 switch and icu or for the other stuff.

whats funny is that everyone with an integra deletes theirs because they have one and most cars that dont come with them have people wanting them =P. im sure if usdm cb's came with them, most people would delete them =P
                Last edited by xkjnboix; 06-08-2012, 11:50 PM.
                frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

It's not on the trunk. That would essentially make the trunk unable to be opened, and I don't imagine it'd be a proper angle to make it function properly.

this looks really sharp but not worth the time or effort for me...

Comment

cool look, would love to see a pic of a coupe with it
                    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X