Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Duhhhh... Is my new wagon caliper the same as the previous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duhhhh... Is my new wagon caliper the same as the previous?

During my recent collapsed flex hose struggle I replaced a front caliper on my '91 wagon ex-r for nothing. Lol Both new and old are nissin remans with part number 17CL15VN. The older one(from Carquest) has 57AT stamped into it under nissin and 090 92T by the bleeder screw, the new one(from Napa) has 56AT stamped into it under nissin and 090 0X1 by the bleeder screw. I've been running the new one a day or two with no problems, the year old one still works fine and both look identical and I used the same pads... I was thinking of putting my old one back on because I just bought the front as a pair last year but the new one has a 2 year warranty plus roadside assistance. Lol... Or are the calipers just restamped by certain parts suppliers?
    Last edited by Binladin; 06-13-2012, 06:16 AM. Reason: Edit
    4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

I have no idea what you are talking about. If both of your calipers work perfectly, and the car stops just fine, then why do you want to put the old caliper that gave you problems back on.

Comment

It was the flex hose that gave me trouble, it collapsed inside causing the symptom of a sticking caliper, the new caliper was sticking the same way until I changed the flex hose. The one I took off is still good and only a year old. I really just wanted to know if the new caliper is the exact same as the old because of the different stampings on each one that look OEM, one has a big 56AT stamped under the nissin name and the other has 57AT... I just thought maybe there could be a difference I couldn't see just by looking at it. Lol
      4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

Originally posted by Binladin View Post
        It was the flex hose that gave me trouble, it collapsed inside causing the symptom of a sticking caliper, the new caliper was sticking the same way until I changed the flex hose. The one I took off is still good and only a year old. I really just wanted to know if the new caliper is the exact same as the old because of the different stampings on each one that look OEM, one has a big 56AT stamped under the nissin name and the other has 57AT... I just thought maybe there could be a difference I couldn't see just by looking at it. Lol
        I see now. Did you put them side by side before installation before installing them? If they looked identical, and it works just fine than I'd just leave it on. Why go through the trouble of taking off the caliper that's working perfectly to put an older caliper back on? Keep the old one as a spare.

Comment

Working...
        X