Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bent upper control arm drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bent upper control arm drivers

So just today I happened to notice my upper control arm is bent on the driver's side. For awhile I've been having alignment pull to the right and first thought it was the blown out shock on that side. So I replaced the assembly and still pulling to the right. Would a bent upper control arm on the driver's side cause the car to pull right? I also have uneven tire wear on the passenger inner side.

Another crappy situation is I can't pull the part from my parts car because the ball joint boot it cracked. I would personally rather by a used OEM one in good condition from a junk yard then whatever china crap they're peddling these days. If anyone has one for a good price let me know.

Makes me wonder what the hell the previous owner was doing with the car?? Maybe some offroading or something... blown out shock on the right side and bent upper arm on the left.

Buy a new upper control arm from Honda. It comes with the ball joint as well. If the boot is cracked, and the arm took enough damage to be bent, that joint could fail any moment. I'd replace both sides at the same time. Might as well do the shocks while you're at it! It'll be expensive, but well worth it for the safety.

Comment

Working...
    X