Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

3in Pipe on H23A VTEC All Motor Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3in Pipe on H23A VTEC All Motor Build

Right now I have the motor with full MSD ignition with stock headers n stock piping and a street tune. I already have a skunk2 intake manni and headers to put on there and I was gonna add 3in piping to the mix and get it retuned. Bigger injectors and a head build for nitrous in the winter. But yeah right now, like within the next week or so, 3in pipe with the other bolt ons. Yes or no. Keep in mind I'm working with 2.25in right now O_o

Any suggestions, opinions, or facts are welcome.

Thanks!!

What stock piping do you have that's 2.25"? Honestly, I'd say that 2.5" is where you'd want to be for primary street driving. The H23A VTEC is meant to make power a little lower than the H22A and by putting huge piping on it you'll be hurting it. Until you are winding it up very regularly or running some form forced induction then I don't think there's a reason to have 3" exhaust on a 4-cylinder street car.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the insight man. Really appreciate it.

Comment

a 3" exhaust (from the header back) will reduce your torque output but give you good power in the higher rpm's. i had a full 3" exhaust on my itr swapped db8, youre 4-5 tenths of a liter higher in displacement and my torque levels felt great in the integra. i say if you arent concerned about noise a full 3" would be a good power adder after tuning with the right intake, spark and fuel upgrades. if i can run 11.8 in a sedan, so can you ^_^ (that e.t. was with a cluthmasters stage 3 unsprung clutch, not a very good mod on a street car..)
        Last edited by uglygc2; 08-02-2012, 05:24 AM. Reason: addin stuff

Comment

kinda off topic, but i always wonder why guys go full MSD ignition on bolt on street cars with B series or H series. I always thought the stock Honda ignitions are more than sufficient for bolt on cars. there are guys around here running over 300 whp on stock ignitions and doing so just fine. just wondering, because i always thought the money would be better used elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Mt.HOODrat View Post
            kinda off topic, but i always wonder why guys go full MSD ignition on bolt on street cars with B series or H series. I always thought the stock Honda ignitions are more than sufficient for bolt on cars. there are guys around here running over 300 whp on stock ignitions and doing so just fine. just wondering, because i always thought the money would be better used elsewhere.
            I've been told stock ignition is good for 400+ but it won't satisfy a 9k rpm rev
            My 91 ex coupe
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

The same reason people buy anything that's marketed to them.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yeah, the stock ignition system is just fine. The only real reason to get an MSD setup is if you want to use their "2 step", which is a programmable ignition cutoff. It's a bit safer than an ECU-programmable fuel cut, which is what many people use for launch control.

As for the piping diameter, 2.5" will work just fine for most things, though that nitrous build will benefit from 3".
                Too large of an exhaust pipe diameter can cause turbulence, which becomes a restriction itself... so essentially, a system that is too large for the engine's output can end up being MORE restrictive than a narrower pipe that allows for optimal flow velocity. 3" should be workable on that H23A, though.

Comment

Working...
                X