Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 accord f22b1 turbo problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 accord f22b1 turbo problems

Hey guys got the car going it ran very good ive been driving it and having fun for about 2 weeks untill yesterday
    the day before it drove perfect lots of power everything's fine, i start it up in the morning to go to work and the car runs good i let it warm up i take it around the block and on the main road next to my place and i give it a little gas got into boost a little and i noticed it sounded and felt odd like there was a massive boost leak i stopped at the stop sign and went and it felt fine but then started to act funny when the rpms started to increase i had my laptop with me to tune the car so i hooked it up and increased the fuel my wideband died a day before so i cant tell the afr. i stopped and upped the fuel and nothing different it idled really wearied i changed the timing belt the day before i was thinking it hopped timing so i tried to drive it home the car had absolutely nooooo power at all it barely wanted to accelerate i coasted to the nearest parking lot when i opened the hood the motor was extreamly hot!!!! 5 times hotter than what it normally is so i called my friend and towed it home. that night i got it to turn on it ran like shit I put my aftermarket fuel pressure regulator on to check the fuel pressure and i set it to 50 psi to make it run a little rich i thought i bent a valve so i redid the timing to make sure it was good. the car started right up and ran good so i took it around the block it drove nice i got on the main road got into boost a bit and it would get power and then lose it it drove when i was getting near a light it did the extreme loss of power thing again and didn't want to go i help the pedal half way the turbo spooled and the car went and it felt decent then it freed up and started to run good so i just took it back home and parked it. when i was letting it idle the fuel pressure regulator said 40psi i tried to turn it up and no matter how much i turned it the gauge would never go above 40psi Any ideas my guess is the fuel pump its the stock one and i think the turbo got the best of it.

blown head gasket.it over heats and heat soaks the air and dosent move.you probably over boosted and streched the head studs thus blowing the head gasket.get some aftermarket studs and change the gasket..also change the plugs cause you prob fouled them too..

my new turbo build

Comment

I would replace that fuel pump with a 255 as well as the head gasket.

Comment

Do you know how much boost you are running?

Turbocharging on a stock fuel pump is a disaster waiting to happen, besides a 255lph fuel pump can be had for about $100 new anyway. If your pump cant keep up, you are most likely running lean under boost, and a lean creates very high heat, which could contribute to your overheating.

Double check physical engine timing before anything. You dont want to chance it, and make things worse.

Get the AFR gauge working before you drive again.

Be sure your MAP sensor is connected properly. If its malfunctioning, it cannot properly determine boost, or any engine load for that matter (accuratly).
        Are you using the stock Honda MAP sensor?

Disconnect the charge pipe from the throttle body, and go out and drive, this will keep you out of boost. Does the car run fine on the aftermarket tune without the presence of boost? If it runs like shit here, surely it will run worse with boost.

Also, are you sure your chip or emulator that stores the tune is connected properly? I once had my emulator come loose during a drive, this caused the tune map to default to a stock civic ECU map (P06 ecu). With 860cc injectors like I had it flooded the engine like crazy, barely ran even with a larger amount of throttle, and ended up toasting my turbo red-hot before I limped it out of the busy road.

Also as 92smokeaccord said, check your plugs. Are they fouled, are they gapped correctly for turbo use? Are they the right plugs to begin with (heat range? generally your want to run 1 or 2 steps colder heat range. However under off boost driving, you will foul the plugs out quickly, so check them out, and/or replace as neccesary, they are cheap).
        Good luck!
        Last edited by ON_N20; 11-18-2012, 11:52 AM.
        ON_N20
        Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

Are you blowing any smoke? That will at least give you a better idea as to what exactly has broken. All of the suggestions given are good ones, but without knowing where the problem is, they're just guesses.

Are you burning oil, coolant, or excess fuel? Blue, white, or black?
          Excess fuel would indicate a possible problem with the fuel or ignition systems. If the engine was running really hot (was your temp gauge through the roof?) then the spark plugs could've melted. If too much fuel was being sent, then the spark plugs could've been fouled. As ON_N20 mentioned, be sure your plugs are the proper gap / heat range for your setup.

I assume you're running stock internals, correct? Stock cast pistons don't hold up to boost for very long, and from the sounds of it, they took some serious abuse in this incident. You may have broken a ringland. Low compression in that cylinder, as well as burning oil, will indicate this.

A blown head gasket would be blowing white smoke, and contaminating your oil with coolant which means it won't lubricate as well.

Skipped timing is out, because the effects varied. You said it ran fine again once it cooled down, right? Timing is constant. It wouldn't be fine one minute, and bad the next.

Comment

My car currently has the same issues he does.but my car is so bad that it's literally drinkin coolent.my car does not smoke but over heats after short time due to a boost spike at a time ago which lifted the head and bent one stud thus blowing out the gasket.so far since iv been boosted iv seen and talked to a few people that were boosted all having these problems some have a exception of drinkin and blowing coolant out of the resivor.all have referred to as the head gasket.but yes if it smokes blue I'm afraid your engine is toast unless you change the internals.

my new turbo build

Comment

Leak down test is what i would recommend. Atleast then if it's not HG related then you can stop worrying about it.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                Leak down test is what i would recommend. Atleast then if it's not HG related then you can stop worrying about it.
                eaither way if its anything compession related he has to change the headgasket.

my new turbo build

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply guys

The car will drive normal unless i get into boost it has power up to about 4-5 psi and then it starts to bog so i am thinking its the pump and it comes and goes while im driving
                  It doesnt overheat at all the car doesnt even get hot i can open the radiator cap after driving and the water will just be steaming a little not even bubbling i am running 8psi on 440cc bosh injectors i set my fpr to 50 psi just to do it and when i came back that day i left it running and checked the fpr gauge it said 40psi and even when i turned it up it wouldnt increase the pressure this morning i went outside and started it up it ran great idles perfect the fpr said 50psi i didnt drive it though i did notice a little bit of white smoke when i turned it on and i think some coolant is missing i really thought the f series turbo would of been a bit more reliable

The ecu is fine and so is the map sensor i have datalogging on my laptop and the map sensor gives readings plus when im running the ostrich on crome i can update it live and hear the motor change when i slide the iac compensation

Comment

Working...
                  X