Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car died for first time. Not starting, D4 lit when key is in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rule to the wise when you buy your first accord replace the belt immediately. ive owned 3 and did all 3 right away. my last (present) one the guy before me said ahh ya i had it done 1/2 year ago but lost receipt, LIES.... i have a friend that does mine with all seals, pump and what nots for $200. labor and he showed me the worn cracked belt that he pulled from my car and said just the matter of time.
    (sold to h22wagon93, granite cb7 $1000.00) and c91bse7 cash with trade, jdmfreak, thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
      Good deal. So pull the valve cover, then the upper timing cover, then set the cam to tdc, then rotate the engine to tdc, use the timing window cover. No need to pull the cam, you may even be able to notice if a valve is bent visually, it's obvious when they are bent.
      Sounds good to me

Originally posted by i want my cb9 View Post
      rule to the wise when you buy your first accord replace the belt immediately. ive owned 3 and did all 3 right away. my last (present) one the guy before me said ahh ya i had it done 1/2 year ago but lost receipt, LIES.... i have a friend that does mine with all seals, pump and what nots for $200. labor and he showed me the worn cracked belt that he pulled from my car and said just the matter of time.
      Now I'm wishing I did. That sounds like a good deal for both of you.

Comment

Got buy you a haynes manual if you have mechanical ability and can read you can change a timing belt. There not to bad. Surely you have a buddy that would be willing to lend a hand. Two sets of eyes are always better then one set. Its a good idea to change waterpump and a few other seals while your in there. That is totally up to you.

Im getting ready to change mine on the cb9. I going to change timing belt, water pump, balance shaft seals, front main seal, dizzy o ring, valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket. I know it sounds like alot but if your already there might as well freshen up the old gaskets/seals with new ones imo

You can do it.

Comment

Has anyone used ericthecarguy's video? I have the shop manual on my computer but it can be very concise for a lot of the steps.

Comment

It's a very helpful video, keep the manual handy just in case you have any additional questions.
            Originally posted by Mishakol129
            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I bought it and it is quite good. We are doing the belts now, it appears all of the teeth were worn off of the belt at the crank end due to oil and the age of the belt. You can bend it and the teeth with start to remove themselves from the belt.. not good.

Comment

Here's a couple pictures from today. We haven't put the new belts on yet but we redid the cam seal as the recently install non oem seal was wearing funny and a new water pump. We broke that socket on the crank pulley bolt which was kind of exciting. http://imgur.com/a/SFUJK
                Last edited by TylerTheTwin; 01-02-2013, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Back up and running as of late last night and D4 light is back to usual. Something is leaking from the lower cover, cam seal looked good last night after a drive.

Comment

This should help w/ the D4 light:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21259

Comment

Mine does that all the time if I pop into N cut off the car and roll to park. Once in a while Itll do it if start it and turn it right back off. Ill hear the fuel pump whine, D4 blinks (forgot the code, but i think it was 14) the car will sound like it wants to start but wont, some random time ill get it to fire and have to rev it up.. I just pull the ECU fuse for 30 seconds and it starts up like normal. 99 out of a 100 times it starts up fine, two starter chirps and we got fire.

Comment

Sorry guys, I meant to say the D4 light went away except when it should be on. Thanks for the help though
                        Last edited by TylerTheTwin; 01-04-2013, 01:13 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

So have you checked to see whats leaking? Is it oil or coolant? Both?

Comment

So have you checked to see whats leaking? Is it oil or coolant? Both?
                            I honestly couldn't tell what it was. It was not just oil. It seems to have reduced to about 1 drop after driving so I am wondering if it was just some engine degreaser or something that was on the block.

Comment

Well any leak that is coming from under the timing cover would get worse while driving, so sounds like you could be right. Have you checked your fluid levels lately?

Comment

Well any leak that is coming from under the timing cover would get worse while driving, so sounds like you could be right. Have you checked your fluid levels lately?
                                Oil was getting lower but that should have been the old cam seal not wearing right. I try to check it once every week.

Water/coolant levels are good as we just did the water pump so that needed to be done.

Brake and power steering levels were good last week. Sounds like everything is good?

Comment

Working...
                                X