Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

clutch has no pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch has no pressure

reasons for clutch to have no pressure?

story:
    was a very cold morning. Icy. late for work. on a hill and a stop light and couldn't get my car to shift. finally i did but it sounded as if something snapped but car was sounding really strange and as if it did not want to go. parked and went to work. when it's time to leave no pressure in the clutch.

replaced the master and slave cylinder still no dice. tried to find any leaks and nothing. tried bleeding and did not work. could a transmission cause for no pressure in the clutch (yikes)?

Do you mean your pedal has no pressure as in it is sloppy? Or the clutch doesn't seem to be engaging?

Id say either their is air in the line or your clutch is taking a shit.. You should give some more details so you can get better answers.

Comment

Something of your interest.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197152
      A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by AllProsNoCons View Post
        Do you mean your pedal has no pressure as in it is sloppy? Or the clutch doesn't seem to be engaging?

Id say either their is air in the line or your clutch is taking a shit.. You should give some more details so you can get better answers.
        The pedal has no pressure, it just sticks to the floor when pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by AmbitionCB7 View Post
          The pedal has no pressure, it just sticks to the floor when pushed.
          Check your adjustment on the pedal, but too me it sounds like either a defective slave cylinder or the usual air in the lines. Try bleeding the system again just make sure it doesn't get too low in the reservoir this can cause head aches!

Comment

Originally posted by AllProsNoCons View Post
            Check your adjustment on the pedal, but too me it sounds like either a defective slave cylinder or the usual air in the lines. Try bleeding the system again just make sure it doesn't get too low in the reservoir this can cause head aches!
            ive tried to bleed the system 3 times (once with the air vacuum pump), still no dice.

Comment

So it sounded like something snapped and then you were having trouble getting it into gear?

When you had the slave cylinder off did you take a look at the shift fork? Maybe it's bent/broken or maybe the retainer spring is bad and it popped off the pivot bolt.

Last year we fixed a mid 90s Toyota Tacoma that had a bent shift fork and for some reason the pivot bolt was worn down almost flat.

Comment

Originally posted by AmbitionCB7 View Post
                reasons for clutch to have no pressure?

story:
                was a very cold morning. Icy. late for work. on a hill and a stop light and couldn't get my car to shift. finally i did but it sounded as if something snapped but car was sounding really strange and as if it did not want to go. parked and went to work. when it's time to leave no pressure in the clutch.

replaced the master and slave cylinder still no dice. tried to find any leaks and nothing. tried bleeding and did not work. could a transmission cause for no pressure in the clutch (yikes)?
                We have the same problem. I also checked the masters and I did the bleeding but it doesn't work. I hope it is not a transmission problem. Do you have any progress with yours?

Comment

I dont see how it would be tranny failure. Typically theyll give you some forewarning before they take a crap

Comment

I had this happen in my old EG. It turned out to be the slave cylinder in my case.

How did you go about bleeding the clutch line? Did you have a friend doing it with you?

Check the area where the slave cylinder connects with the Clutch fork. Here is a picture

The circled area is what you are looking at. Have a buddy hit the clutch and see if that moves. Most likely will not move at all, but look for fluid coming out of it. If fluid is coming out of it then you have to replace that slave cylinder.

Next thing if no fluid comes out and you see the slave cylinder move back and forth when your buddy is pressing the clutch, try moving the clutch fork by hand. It should not move except maybe a hair, if you can move it back and forth with ease, then you either have to replace the throwout bearing or the clutch fork might have disconnected from the hinge it is on.
                    My MRT

White Devil Owned by Axle
                    Go Fast or Suck

Comment

Working...
                    X