Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 F22A1 Manual Mis while in fourth-fifth gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 F22A1 Manual Mis while in fourth-fifth gear

Hey guys! This is my first post so I hope I do as I am supposed to! Anyways, here goes....I have a 93 coupe with an F22a1 with five speed tranny. I am experiencing a erratic "shutter" while in fourth and fifth gear. There isnt a mis or hesitation at all when pulling through 1st,2nd,3rd ,but when I shift to fourth(sometimes)and fifth gear, the engine feels as if it were running out of fuel. The idle is perfect and there are no sounds,leaks,no overheating..no other problems at all. I have done a little reading and have narrowed to EGR passages, fuel filter, or timing?? Before i begin to throw parts could I hear some opinions??? Thanks for all your help in advance.

I would start checking and replacing with spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap and rotor in the discrepancy like yours.
    A&P-IA

Comment

Is there something in particular Im looking for in a bad cap? and on the rotor button,can the contact be cleaned and possibly sanded lightly using say..2000 grit sandpaper? The wires are blue NGK wires I grabbed at the local Pull a Part. They appear to be in good shape and while running I can pull the plug wires one by one and tell the ignition is altered on that cylinder. I know that these parts are somewhat in expensive and easy to change but for my problem im having,if at all possible I will try to narrow down the culprit without drowning in Autozone receipts. Thank you for your time. Oh and earlier today I romoved the EGR valve and cleaned the port and the plunger side(which were both completely clogged),and sprayed into the intake manifold TB cleaner..still no change..and the mis or shutter is noticeable in idle.

Comment

Originally posted by 93coupesleeper View Post
        The idle is perfect and there are no sounds,leaks,no overheating..no other problems at all.
        Originally posted by 93coupesleeper View Post
        and the mis or shutter is noticeable in idle.

---------------------------------------------------
        Misfire in higher gears is due to weak/worn ignition parts based on my experience.
        Look for erosion on carbon brush, posts (terminals) and rotor. Look for carbon tracking and such.
        Have you removed spark plugs to see how they are burning?
        A&P-IA

Comment

It seems like it happens under load since you don't have problems until the higher gears where the most load is. Have you done a tune up recently at all? Plugs? Fuel system cleaner?

Comment

OYAJICOOL..Sorry for the misunderstanding, I meant to say that the stuttering was NOW noticeable at idle..I do appologize. To update my situation, I replaced the cap,button,and plugs (my wires were fairly new). Problem solved and I can now rest easy knowing that my problem wasnt at all serious. Thanks again to all you guys!

Comment

this happened to me and after changing a torque converter, entire motor and whole bunch of other crap...it ended up being a cracked plug.

would only miss in overdrive.

glad you got it solved
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
              X