Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best ride shocks and springs or coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best ride shocks and springs or coilovers

Ok so i have a 1993 accord sedan it is my family car so i want it to ride good but i want the car to look good with 17s' what would be my best option to lower the car a little bit but still have the ride quality.

I have the H&R pro street coilover package. It rides beautifully, Pretty stiff but to bouncy at all! I always see so many lowered cars bounce so much over bumps.. it just makes me smile

I do have 14in steelies with 70's though..

** I dont think they are called prostreet but they where the second level of street performance.
    Last edited by CB7 Coupe <3; 03-13-2013, 10:20 PM.

Comment

H&R makes quality products.

I'd suggest some H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks.

Comment

i have koni orange shocks with Eibach pro springs. it rides quite smooth but if you get a less aggressive spring it will ride even better
        visit vgruk

Comment

If you get the Koni yellows as deev suggested they are dampening adjustable I think. Which means you can control how stiff or soft they are.
          Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Comment

what about kyb agxs and eibach pro kit are could i just go with the kyb gr2s and the pro kit

Comment

i have skunk2 springs and kyb agx's. It rides like stock, except its lower to the ground. The agx's are adjustable front and rear. I'm also running 205/50/15 tires so that helps a litttle.

Originally posted by Dr.x
              You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

Just to note... AGXs are not made to handle that drop OR that spring rate.
                Neither are GR2s. Those are essentially stock replacement shocks, and should not be used for lowering.

Comment

Tein S/H-Techs if you want to stay within stock spring rates.
                  I have the S-Techs on Koni Yellows. Superb ride quality.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

So eibachs or h&r's on some koni yellows? Still undecided on my new springs, looking to keep stock or possibly .5 drop

Comment

Any one know the best place to buy the koni yellows everywhere i have looked there over 500 for just struts and then 200 for the eibach kit?

Comment

Honda 90-97 Accord 2 Dr and 4Dr; All Mdls - Sport (Yellow)

Front Rear

Koni # 8041 1185LSpor
                        Koni # 8041 1185RSpor

Retail Price: $424.00
                        KONI online Price: $318.00
                        KONI Sale Price: $254.40 per pair

Koni # 8041 1168SP4

Retail Price: $504.00
                        KONI online Price: $378.00
                        KONI Sale Price: $302.40 per pair

Ext. Rebound Adjustable Sport Alternative Ext. Rebound Adjustable Sport Alternative
                        Adj. spring perch can lower car approx. F & R = 15mm

Straight from Koni`s site. Gotta pay to play.
                        I paid $555 for both Front and Rear Yellows on eBay. Just shop around enough before you commit to buy.

If you are not planning on a big drop maybe some Koni STR.T(Oranges) will suit you better. I was going this route, but saved for Yellows.
                        Last edited by DanCan; 03-15-2013, 09:35 PM.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAniv cb7 View Post
                          Any one know the best place to buy the koni yellows everywhere i have looked there over 500 for just struts and then 200 for the eibach kit?
                          Stop being cheap.
                          Also, read the rules.

Comment

Sorry it was the price thing i wasn't suspose to ask i'll read a lil closer next time.

Comment

No, it's not the price thing. It's the fact that you're asking where to buy. All it would take is for one idiot to say "I'm selling some!" and you BOTH get banned.
                              As I said... read the rules. That is explained there. It is also a rather big one... one we take very seriously here. I don't care to ban members because one is ignorant of the rules, and the other is trying to be nice.

DanCan's advice is probably the best you're going to get, and he did a fair amount of research for you (that you are perfectly capable of doing for yourself!)

Comment

Working...
                              X