Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HID Flickers and then shuts off Drivers side only.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID Flickers and then shuts off Drivers side only.

HID system only passenger side works, drivers sides flickers then shuts off wires have power but I don't know if its the ballast, bulb, or just low power to that side.

Could be any of those things. Is it a cheap kit? Cheap kits will die in time... that's why they're cheap!
    Do you have an auxiliary harness to the battery? Or are you running only on the stock wiring? If it's just on the stock wiring, you may have damaged the harness, as HIDs draw more power than the wire harness was designed to handle while they're warming up. Seeing as it's the side furthest from the battery, that's a very real possibility.

Comment

Sounds like a junk ballast. Swap ballasts from good side to the bad side.If the good side ballast lights up the bad side then you need a new ballast.

MR THREAD: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196078

Comment

I got it down to the available power the ballast and bulb are good I swapped then individually to the good side, but I noticed the connector on the drivers side is damaged so imma replace it today and see if it fixes the problem.

Comment

Ground connector for the harness had massive corrosion I took a pic but don't know how to upload from iPod, but I sprayed it down with electronic cleaner and it got better but after connecting it all up it still didn't turn on even with oe bulb so imma let a pro take care of it.

Comment

This is what you need

I had the exact same problem and I have a very decent HID kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xenon-HID-Co...422a8f&vxp=mtr

I am the Yakuza CB7!
            JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
            1994 Prelude V-Tec
            1999 CL 3.0
            2000 Prelude
            2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
            1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
            1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
            1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Are you connecting the ballasts to the stock halogen connectors? if so, thats going to be your problem and you run the risk of torching the wires.

Run power to your fuse box, or better yet to the battery and then ground each ballast to either grounding point in the headlight well. try that and see if it does the same thing. If so, try swapping the ballast from right to left and see if the other side experiences the issue. If so, you have a bad ballast.

Comment

Cheap kits will do this. Had a cheap set of DDM awhile back and it had the same issues. Switched ballasts and it went away. TBH, on newer cars, 35W setups wont do damage so long as they're not on ALL the time. But the CBs are too old to take that chance so as said, I'd recommend a harness. Even for a 35W system.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Running them doesn't draw much power. They draw the most at startup, and that's when potential damage can be done.

Comment

Yeah, get a harness!... Mine use to flicker here and there til I got a harness the next day it was installed and hasn't flickered since.
                    4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

It;s your Harness and Ballast, get a harness and a new Ballast.

Comment

Working...
                      X