Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ECu and TCU question for H22 auto into my 95 accord.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECu and TCU question for H22 auto into my 95 accord.

Whats up guys,

Just need a clarification regarding the swap that I'm gonna do for my 95 accord.

I'm gonna put a H22A4 motor that I got free from a friend of mine and wanted to stay automatic since the wife will be the one that drive the car most of the time.

I've searched long enough for everything else IE: mounts, axles, etc etc... but I really got stranded for the proper ECU that I need to run.

My set up would be a H22A4 motor and F22 auto tranny, now since I got so many different asnwers and info, I just need a real clarification regarding the ECU, some say I need to use a JDM p13 auto ECU and P19 TCU but, some say I can use P0F ECU and TCU, I dont know which one should I follow?

Will the P0F ECU and TCU work just fine with my set up?

Please share some info guys, I really need the car back and running again, my timing belt snapped on my f22 and the motor is done for its life, and the wife with kid are taking bus everyday in cold winter canada weathers.

Thanks, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Are you converting the a4 to obd1?

Comment

Why the hell would you need a JDM P13 for a USDM engine? I mean, it would work, but why? Don't listen to anyone that's been telling you that. They clearly only regurgitate information that they barely understand that they've read on the internet.

The P0F is from the Accord SiR. It's the CD chassis (which is what you have... you do realize that this is CB7tuner.com and not CD5tuner.com, right?) so it's the closest to "correct"... but there's absolutely no reason for you to hunt down that rare (and probably expensive) ECU.

Just hunt down a regular P13 ECU from any North American Prelude from 1992-1995. You don't want one from 96+, as it will be OBD2. Stay OBD1 so you can use your car's wiring as-is with minor modification.

You can use a TCU from an auto Prelude to give you higher shift points. Your Accord TCU will be shifting just as the H22A starts having fun!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Why the hell would you need a JDM P13 for a USDM engine? I mean, it would work, but why? Don't listen to anyone that's been telling you that. They clearly only regurgitate information that they barely understand that they've read on the internet.

The P0F is from the Accord SiR. It's the CD chassis (which is what you have... you do realize that this is CB7tuner.com and not CD5tuner.com, right?) so it's the closest to "correct"... but there's absolutely no reason for you to hunt down that rare (and probably expensive) ECU.

Just hunt down a regular P13 ECU from any North American Prelude from 1992-1995. You don't want one from 96+, as it will be OBD2. Stay OBD1 so you can use your car's wiring as-is with minor modification.

You can use a TCU from an auto Prelude to give you higher shift points. Your Accord TCU will be shifting just as the H22A starts having fun!

Thanks for the info, but I'm gonna stay automatic though, unless theres a USDM H22A automatic in north america or else can I use P13 manusl ecu? and just hook the TCU with it?

Yes I realize JDM p13 is really expensive while JDM P0F ECu and TCU I can get it really cheap from Ebay and theres like tons of them out there.

Now, when you are saying about using P13 into my setup, did you mean I can use P13 manual ECU?

Thanks a lot

Originally posted by Mrs12gage View Post
        Are you converting the a4 to obd1?
        Yes I am converting the A4 into OBD1 and stay automatic.

Thanks

Comment

Sorry, I just woke up when I typed that... and yes, your sources may be correct. There is no automatic USDM P13, and I completely forgot that fact.

So yes... JDM auto P13 or an auto P0F should both work fine. The P0F has been pretty tough to find in the past... I guess that has changed. Get the corresponding TCU, and the shift points will be at the proper RPM. Upgrading to an automatic Prelude transmission will give you proper gearing to take advantage of the engine's powerband. The long Accord gears are going to hurt performance a bit. But that's something you can do later.

Comment

Sorry, I just woke up when I typed that... and yes, your sources may be correct. There is no automatic USDM P13, and I completely forgot that fact.

So yes... JDM auto P13 or an auto P0F should both work fine. The P0F has been pretty tough to find in the past... I guess that has changed. Get the corresponding TCU, and the shift points will be at the proper RPM. Upgrading to an automatic Prelude transmission will give you proper gearing to take advantage of the engine's powerband. The long Accord gears are going to hurt performance a bit. But that's something you can do later.

Yeah thats what I thought, the JDM P0F is my best bet right now, since I can get the JDM P0F and TCU for $100 shipped from ebay.

But anyway, Can I actually use my USDM OEM TCU with JDM P0F ECU?

I really wanted to find a JDM prelude auto tranny with LSD since we got lots of snow in here, so LSD would help me a lot of it. but dont know where and when can I get it though.

Anyway have you done this swap or has anybody close to you dont the same exact set up like mine?

Thanks for the info though, greatly appreciate it.

Comment

You can use your stock TCU, but it will shift lower. You won't get the full benefits of the H22, since the H22 is designed to rev higher than your F22. It won't hurt anything, but the stock TCU and the stock transmission will take most of the fun out of the H22!

You can contact any trustworthy engine importer to find a decent JDM auto transmission. You could also probably use an auto transmission from a BB6.

I've never done the swap myself, but a few people have on here. Check the swaps section for information.
              I've actually never even driven or worked on an automatic CB, CD, or Prelude!

Comment

You could also probably use an auto transmission from a BB6.
                Now in this case, I would really love to use BB6 auto tranny, but the problem is are they all got a triptronic auto tranny or only some of them got the triptronic tranny?

I've never done the swap myself, but a few people have on here. Check the swaps section for information.
                I've actually never even driven or worked on an automatic CB, CD, or Prelude!
                I can only see 19 threads on the swap section nor can I put a new thread in it since I'm a beginner

Can I do something elses in this case?

Comment

Change your "Display Options" near the bottom of the screen in the Swaps section. Change the "From the" to Beginning.

Also try searching with google.

Type in what you are looking for followed by: site:cb7tuner.com
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                    Change your "Display Options" near the bottom of the screen in the Swaps section. Change the "From the" to Beginning.

Also try searching with google.

Type in what you are looking for followed by: site:cb7tuner.com
                    ahhh no wonder why.

Thanks mang.

Comment

Originally posted by trequartista_10 View Post
                      Now in this case, I would really love to use BB6 auto tranny, but the problem is are they all got a triptronic auto tranny or only some of them got the triptronic tranny?
                      Deev doesn't know apparently, why would he but DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET A H22A4 AUTO SS TRANNY It is singlehandedley the worse auto tranny ever built by Honda to the point that lawsuits have been filed and recalls have been demanded they are complete and utter crap, its the same tranny in the 97 - 02 accord it is godawful and 30 different things can go wrong with it Trust me please god i beg you for your own good don't do this to yourself.
                      I have a bb6, (99 Prelude) and had the misfortune of having the auto... dear god in haven i have PTSD from that experience.

If you wish for proof just type in "ss auto prelude/accord" in your google.

Obd 1 autos are fine though.
                      Wife: "Why do you get G power platinum and i only get V power?"
                      Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."
                      Wife:........................"But yours are prettier"

---------------------------------------------------
                      Wife:Baby, not everybody wants to do the 93 conversion"
                      Me:YES THEY DO, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

Comment

An auto from an H23 powered Prelude would help a bit. Not the perfect gearing, but shorter than the Accord gears. I'm quite sure they came in auto, with no issues.

Comment

Ok Deev, are the JDM P0F and JDM P0N plug and play into my 95 accord with H22 swaps in it, other than A6 and A11 pin out that need to swapped over, anything else that I need to worry about?

Thanks

Originally posted by 12gage View Post
                          Deev doesn't know apparently, why would he but DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET A H22A4 AUTO SS TRANNY It is singlehandedley the worse auto tranny ever built by Honda to the point that lawsuits have been filed and recalls have been demanded they are complete and utter crap, its the same tranny in the 97 - 02 accord it is godawful and 30 different things can go wrong with it Trust me please god i beg you for your own good don't do this to yourself.
                          I have a bb6, (99 Prelude) and had the misfortune of having the auto... dear god in haven i have PTSD from that experience.

If you wish for proof just type in "ss auto prelude/accord" in your google.

Obd 1 autos are fine though.
                          Yeah I know about it, lots of BB6 for cheap sale up in here canada and 99.99% of them selling it cheap because they got a bad tranny LOL.

Comment

i have a p19 tcu for sell

i have a p19 tcu for sell and also an auto p75 ecu chipped for h22a. these two ecu can work together. an auto p13 ecu just pop up for sell in my area, and i will try to get so that way i will both a p19/auto p13 ecu together. but i won't need them because I have h22a 5spd transmission

i did three h22a swap/transmission, and my first swap was auto h22a tranny. i got p19 but had such a hard time finding an auto p13 ecu and it if there was one on ebay--the price was like 300. so my second and third swap of h22a, i just went with 5spd transmission- which was much way easier and there are plenty p13 5spd ecu around.

let me know if u still need the p19 tcu, i'm in CA, USA

Comment

Originally posted by trequartista_10 View Post
                              Ok Deev, are the JDM P0F and JDM P0N plug and play into my 95 accord with H22 swaps in it, other than A6 and A11 pin out that need to swapped over, anything else that I need to worry about?

Thanks
                              As long as the P0F is OBD1 (I can't remember if the P0F spanned the OBD changeover...) then it will work fine. If you can get your hands on one more easily than a P13, then that's fine. I have heard of people experiencing odd problems with the P0F for some reason, though. No idea why, as it's designed to work with the H22A just as well as the P13, especially in the CD chassis... but that seems to be what happens. The P0N will work just fine.

Follow the swap guide, and maybe look at CD5tuner.com for some extra CD chassis specific stuff... but overall, the guides are pretty comprehensive.

Also, please use the edit button when you have something to add. I've merged your posts, but if you do it again, I'll start deleting posts. Possibly the entire thread.

Originally posted by fly2t View Post
                              i have a p19 tcu for sell and also an auto p75 ecu chipped for h22a. these two ecu can work together. an auto p13 ecu just pop up for sell in my area, and i will try to get so that way i will both a p19/auto p13 ecu together. but i won't need them because I have h22a 5spd transmission

i did three h22a swap/transmission, and my first swap was auto h22a tranny. i got p19 but had such a hard time finding an auto p13 ecu and it if there was one on ebay--the price was like 300. so my second and third swap of h22a, i just went with 5spd transmission- which was much way easier and there are plenty p13 5spd ecu around.

let me know if u still need the p19 tcu, i'm in CA, USA
                              Goodbye.

Comment

Working...
                              X