Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

so, the f23 vtec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are a few extra connectors there in the last picture that are serving no purpose, would one of those work?

Comment

oof thats a mess. Those connectors may work, they are leftover from the auto trans the car originally had. You could trace a few of those wires out to the engine bay, and use those for your Vtec wiring. Would be alot cleaner and reliable than running them thru the door.
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Seriously. If nothing else reroute the ones currently going brought the door through a grommet in the firewall.

I really don't understand people sometimes.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
          oof thats a mess. Those connectors may work, they are leftover from the auto trans the car originally had. You could trace a few of those wires out to the engine bay, and use those for your Vtec wiring. Would be alot cleaner and reliable than running them thru the door.
          I'm just trying to get it working right now. Once I accomplish that I plan on cleaning it up. I can't stand to look under my hood, the guy obviously knew what he was doing or I would've had more trouble out of it this past year and a half, but he sure was messy with everything.

Thanks for all the input, you guys. I'm glad I finally decided to look into this. I'm going to try and take a pin out of the connectors laying around the ecu and get some extra wire to run the vtec wire the rest of the way. Hopefully I'll get it going soon.

Comment

Well I think I've had some success. The pin was already in for that second vtec wire, and had a wire coming out of it. I connected them and voila, no more vtec code being thrown when checking the cel. The only code I have now is the o2 sensor. It used to throw the egr code, along with a vtec code. I wired up the egr yesterday, it had been unplugged all this time.

I took it for a test drive to see if I could tell a difference. I honestly don't know if it's my mind messing with me knowing that I hooked it up or if it's actually working, but it SEEMS like my car pulls a little better after 4500rpms now. It always felt like it lost power there, and strained to make it higher than that. I think vtec is supposed to come in around 2800 or 3200 with the poa ecu, but i honestly can't tell (i've always read it's really subtle for a sohc).

anyway, it's at least wired up and i'm not throwing the code for it.

Comment

Working...
            X