Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cooling fan problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First step is to figure out if the fan is hotwired because of a problem in the original wiring/circuit or if it's because there is no wiring....

Have a look around the front of the engine bay (passenger side) around where the air box was to see if you can spot any wire connections that are not connected. It should be around/below the coolant overflow reservoir.

Report back if you can find the wiring connection.

Comment

I've looked around the engine bay im not seeing any wiring connections, the fan plug is still connected to the fan. Its wired from there to the battery. Thanks for helping.

Comment

Ok, I had a closer look at mine, and if you pull the overflow reservoir right out of the car you'll see a three-way split in the wiring harness right under the reservoir: 1 goes to your hi-beams, 1 goes to the horn, and a third should go to your fan plug. On mine it is two wires, a blue and a black to a male plug.

Bear in mind that I have an f22, and I don't know how the previous owner wired your swap, but I would try and find that split in the harness I was talking about to see if there's a connection there.

Comment

Ok so I took a closer look, I found two split end wires hanging down there under the coolant tank. Now to run the trouble shooting stated above?? Thanks for all your help I appreciate it..

Comment

Right on!

My next step would be to get the car running hot enough that you would have the fan running if it were attached properly (thermostat open, upper and lower hoses hot), and with the car running (temp tolerances for running the fan are lower w the ignition on) try touching the two loose wires to the ends of the contacts in the female plug for the fan. Try switching the ends if you can't get the fan to turn on (shouldn't make a difference, it's a DC motor, but you never know...)

If the fan runs, awesome, just get a male connector for the loose wires or solder the wires direct to the fan wires (make sure the blades are turning in the right direction to cool the rad).

If you try for a while to get the fan to turn on with a bunch of temp ranges, and it won't turn on, then it's time to look at more trouble shooting like:
            • Fuses
            • grounds
            • bad wiring
            • Fan relay
            • Temps sensors
            • Fan timer

Try see if you can get it to run off the wires when hot first and let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
            X