Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Will 17x8 rims w/ a +38mm offset fit 93 coupe..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will 17x8 rims w/ a +38mm offset fit 93 coupe..

with no issues? Im new to the rim scene with Hondas. I just purchased a 93 SE accord coupe in GREAT condition. And I'm looking to put a set rims on it. Nothing serious. I have a set of coilovers not installed yet. So I was wondering if the 17x8 wheels with a +38mm offset running 215/40 rubber will be ok without rubbing. Thanks in advance

Yes.

Comment

So there would be no need to have the fendors rolled? I was in the wheel section of the forum but wasnt able to post anything because I'm new a guess. Im not an expert on the wheel upgrade to these cars. So will there be a need to buy spacers? Or I should be able to just get the wheels. Mount them, and then ride off into the sunset.

Comment

Best bet, go mount the wheels to one side of the car if you can and see how they fit.

I had 8th gen Civic Sis on my CB and it rubbed all the time. They were 17x7s on 215/45s. Other people have run those wheels w/no issues. So it depends on your suspension too. Only way to know for sure is to try them yourself.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I appreciate the knowledge.. The only reason I'm asking is because I havent purchased them yet. I'm ordering them offline. Ebay to be exact. And the description says the wheels will fit. But after reading the conversations on the wheel section. I second just buying the rims not knowing if they will properly fit.. Again, I have a set of coilover not installed yet on the car. But when I do install them. I dont plan to slam the car. Only a inch or so. Whaterver it takes to get that perfect stance.

Comment

I've run 17x7.5 wheels with a +38 offset and a 2" drop with no issues. The extra half inch may make a difference, but I can't say for sure.
            I ran 205/40/17 tires. An aspect ratio of 45 would've been a better fit (and it would have saved my wheels from damage.) I did install some 215/45/17 tires later on, but I didn't run them on the CB.

Comment

You will rub just a little depending on your tire/suspension set-up. The rubbing will be very minor and barely noticeable.

I'm on Acura TL 17 x 8 rims with a +45. I rub a little, but the subtracted 7mm will put your rim further from the inner wheel well (you may hit the fender). I have stretched tires with minimal negative camber, so that information may help some. Also, I only rub in the front on the inner well. Much luck.
              Last edited by Straight Success; 05-25-2013, 12:21 AM.
              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                You will rub just a little depending on your tire/suspension set-up. The rubbing will be very minor and barely noticeable.

I'm on Acura TL 17 x 8 rims with a +45. I rub a little, but the subtracted 7mm will put your rim further from the inner wheel well (you may hit the fender). I have stretched tires with minimal negative camber, so that information may help some. Also, I only rub in the front on the inner well. Much luck.
                A little off topic, but you're positive the TL wheels are 8" wide? I've been searching for a simple wheel that's wide enough to run a 245 or 255 tire. Can you elaborate which model/year?

10.2:1 F-series, 417whp, 398lb/ft Single-Cam on pump gas

Comment

Originally posted by J_Hart View Post
                  A little off topic, but you're positive the TL wheels are 8" wide? I've been searching for a simple wheel that's wide enough to run a 245 or 255 tire. Can you elaborate which model/year?
                  yes, 2004+ TL wheels are 8" wide: http://www.wheelsandcaps.com/Acura-T...130613152920:s

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                    Thanks!

10.2:1 F-series, 417whp, 398lb/ft Single-Cam on pump gas

Comment

Working...
                    X