Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Compression Test Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compression Test Results

Just did my compression test on a warm engine (F22A6). Here are the results both Dry & Wet with W.O.T. and the spark plugs above have about 3000 miles:
    #1 #2 #3 #4
    190 190 185 192 = Dry
    218 212 225 217 = Wet

I wanted your guys' opinion whether or not I should be concerned especially by #3. I use my Honda daily, only to work but I was planning on modifying it and updating more parts. It runs fine but it feels like it could use more power on take off.

Oh I forgot, engine has 166K miles and I'm not even sure when or if the timing belt was changed. Previous owner had no clue but judging from the maintenance that I've done this car was pretty neglected.

Comment

Those are good numbers. Nothing to be concerned about.
      Originally posted by Mishakol129
      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Looks good to me.

IIRC, 135 psi is minimum with 10% maximum variation.
        A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
          Looks good to me.

IIRC, 135 psi is minimum with 10% maximum variation.
          I believe your PSI number is right, but I thought the variance number was higher......but I have been known to be wrong before.
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Its 20%

Comment

Checked the manual. Maximum variation is 28psi.

So, 20% is just about right, too, if you were on the low limit on one cylinder.

Sounds to me, it is a lot.

But, my engine has way too much variation than that and still running.

I don't know for how long,,,,,

I'm thinking that 20% generally applies to differential compression test (aka leak-down test),,,, ,,,,,
              Can someone chime in?
              Last edited by oyajicool; 08-08-2013, 11:32 PM.
              A&P-IA

Comment

Thanks for the replies. #3 is about 20% variance. I'm hoping it won't be a big deal and could go on for a while. I am planning on replacing the injectors so at least now I feel a little less worried about throwing more money on my accord.

Comment

Your highest cylinder is 192, so you can have a lowest at 164.
                  A&P-IA

Comment

CamedaCB7, What kind of compression tester did you use if I may ask?

I have been considering getting one for a while now.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 2winRB25 View Post
                      CamedaCB7, What kind of compression tester did you use if I may ask?

I have been considering getting one for a while now.
                      I wanted to get a good accurate test so I went and spent $70 for a Craftsman from Sears. I am going to return it though Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CameDaCB7 View Post
                        I wanted to get a good accurate test so I went and spent $70 for a Craftsman from Sears. I am going to return it though Lol.
                        Alright, thanks!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Those are great numbers. I wish my motor was anywhere close to that lol. You should have no problems doing performance upgrades, just don't cheep out where it counts

Comment

Working...
                          X