Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rear disk conversion from a Acura CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear disk conversion from a Acura CL

Ive researched and it looks as though the cl and cd are the same chassis but will the rear disk conversion work? got a good deal on some trying to see if they will work. Also i found one thread on this but he did the whole subframe from the back so idk.
    yes
    100.00%
    no
    0.00%

do the subframe too so you can use the rear swaybar

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
      do the subframe too so you can use the rear swaybar
      do you have experience doing this? is everything the same in the end? i read that the wheels will stick out farther.

Comment

lol mine came with discs from the factory,but all of it will get transferred to my h22 shell eventually. most people opt for the oem swaybar provisions while changing brakes and does not make the process any harder. im not sure but since the cb cd and cl all have the same suspension the subframe should be a bolt in. and its true ive read with certain hodgepodge of parts your wheels do stick out. im sure someone else can chime in that's done it or knows all about it
        Last edited by illinois_erik; 10-10-2013, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
          lol mine came with discs from the factory,but all of it will get transferred to my h22 shell eventually. most people opt for the oem swaybar provisions while changing brakes and does not make the process any harder. im not sure but since the cb cd and cl all have the same suspension the subframe should be a bolt in. and its true ive read with certain hodgepodge of parts your wheels do stick out. im sure someone else can chime in that's done it or knows all about it
          What about just the rear disk conversion. I need a new knuckle for the rear anyways and I was thinking I could convert to disc at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by ChandlerFihn View Post
            What about just the rear disk conversion. I need a new knuckle for the rear anyways and I was thinking I could convert to disc at the same time.
            since i have to do it i was looking at exploded diagrams and it appears the knuckle is the same(between my 92 lx and 93 se). so Id just swap over my rotor hub and bearings calipers. the brake lines kinda dumb as i found out putting in SS lines. it goes from the car to SS to a short piece of hardline bolted to the knuckle, to SS to caliper.

Comment

Also add the RSB from an Acura Vigor. Its 2mm bigger at 16mm vs. 14mm for the CB and bolts right in. I simply reused my EX bushings and enlarged them 2mm so the mounts were the same

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

its the TL which is also the same as the cb cd cl. That will give you a wider rear end by 15mm per side so a full 30 mm wide rear end. I used the tl rear end with prelude hubs to get the width back too factory. I keep the TL hubs for a possible future widened rear end
                Last edited by cb9love; 10-12-2013, 10:04 AM. Reason: mistype just for mtnbikaah
                CB7TUNER.com
                Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                  its the TL which is also the same as the cb cd cl that will give you a wider rear end by 15mm per side so a full 30 mm wide rear end i used the tl rear end with prelude hubs to get the width back too factory but keep the TL hubs for a possible future widened rear end
                  what?

Please use punctuation. It will help everyone understand what you are trying to say.
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

its the TL which is also the same as the cb cd cl. That will give you a wider rear end by 15mm per side so a full 30 mm wide rear end. I used the tl rear end with prelude hubs to get the width back too factory. I keep the TL hubs for a possible future widened rear end
                    Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                    what?

Please use punctuation. It will help everyone understand what you are trying to say.
                    its the TL; which is also the same as the cb cd cl. That will give you a wider rear end by 15mm per side. so a full 30 mm wide rear end. I used the tl rear end with prelude hubs to get the width back too factory. I keep the TL hubs for a possible future widened rear end.

its not punctuation, reading comprehension perhaps? Better sentence construction? as long as a person knows about something and has two fingers to peck it out, thats all that really matters.
                    Last edited by illinois_erik; 10-13-2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X