Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Springs for tokico illuminas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springs for tokico illuminas

i have tokico illuminas on my 5th gen prelude but its scraping everywhere and the bottom of the car seems to have a lot of damage from being so low/bouncy. i need to get some new springs so im not scraping my the exhasut making flat spots and rubbing my tires bald. I was looking for some feedback from people using these shocks or have experience from these shocks. im not trying to be a cool kid and have my car slammed bro with goofy ass camber. im looking for something that is the balance of performance and daily driving

i like to drive canyons but i dont want to hit a bump and bounce hard or slam the ground
    Last edited by Jarrett; 01-18-2014, 12:36 PM.

what springs are you running now.

Whats your budget?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Depending on ur budget tien are very good springs

Comment

If you're bouncy on Illuminas, they're blown. Replace them.

Healthy Tokico Illuminas are a decent match for most quality springs on the market. I'm partial to H&R and Neuspeed products myself (those two brands are essentially identical to each other... it's even been rumored that H&R makes Neuspeed's stuff, but I've never been able to confirm that.)

Comment

H&R, Neuspeed, Tein and Eibach are all quality companies. Any of their springs should be good.

Comment

idk what kind of springs are on there. the car is too low though i hate it. when i put the car on four jackstands the rear springs where loose and wiggling around. i havent ventured into suspension really but im assuming they shouldnt do that. i think the guy before me just bought the wrong kind of springs. i wanted to get the eibach springs but reguardless i need to go find out how to pick the right fitment springs for my car.

Comment

Those shocks are adjustable, so they're compatible with a wide range of springs.
              However, as i said before... if you're bouncing, they're probably blown.

Comment

If the springs are wiggling around, they are definitely too short. The ride is probably super bouncy, because you have probably been riding around on the bump stops. There is also a chance the shocks are blown like Deev said.

Before you go about replacing the springs, have the shocks checked out first. Because if they are blown, there is no use replacing the springs, because it will still be bouncy. If they are bad, I would highly consider just buying a new set of coilovers, since they will cost around the same as replacing the shocks and springs. Plus you can adjust the the height exactly to your liking. If the shocks are good though, just get whatever springs you want, and you'll be good to go.

Comment

If you do go with full coilovers, be very careful what brand you buy. Personally, I wouldn't trust anything but Tein, H&R, or Function and Form Autolife. There are many coilover options, and a number of them have pretty lousy reputations. Their low prices keep hopeful customers coming around, thinking that the bad experiences of others won't happen to them.

Comment

They arent leaking and they dont appear bad. The guy before me had tokico blues on there too so he probably blew those then got these. The car has skunk 2 springs and the rears are too short. I can compress the springs with my hands pretty easy. Im too new to look through the classifieds but how much do u think used ground controls would cost or are they even worth it asuming the struts are good

Comment

You'd probably be better off buying new Ground Controls. Aside from the fact that you can be certain you're getting genuine parts, you can also select your desired spring rate. It's worth the extra cost.

Shocks don't necessarily have to be leaking to be bad. They can have an internal leak. However, having some experience with Skunk2 springs in my friend's car, I can attest to their crappiness. He had them on Koni Yellows, and they clunked and made awful noises. I gave him my old H&R Race springs (in exchange for some Neuspeed Sports), and all the problems went away.

Comment

^ that.

This seller on eBay has them the cheapest.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4510-01-Grou...4aaa31&vxp=mtr

My brother bought his GCs from this seller. He's good. quick shipping, and good service. Will let you order custom spring rates for no extra charge, and ships for free.

Comment

Zero issues with Bilsteins and Skunk2 springs on my 97. No slop, not bouncy. Very nice around town, firms up quickly. Springs are tight against the perches and tophats, not sure why everyone seems to have issues with skunk2 stuff, maybe improper application, install, or hardware mismatch.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Working...
                          X