Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

No power untill 3500 rpm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No power untill 3500 rpm?

Im having some problem with my daily driver. Its a 92 lx sedan 5 speed. For some reason it has no power down low at all. When it comes up to about 3500 rpm the sound changes and it will fly. Its got new plugs, wires ,cap and rotor button. New fuel filter air filter fuel injectors pcv valve and new timing belt. If you take off easy it seems like its dad on its feet and it jerks at about 1500 rpms like you stomp on the gas when i havent pushed ot down any farther. It hasnt always been like this eather. I use to pull up a hill in 5th gear with now problem now i have to how shift all the time.

If it started acting up after your tune up it might be the timing is off .
    make sure the timing marks on your cam shaft gears line up, and if you have a timing light make sure the timing is correct on your distributor as well .
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Is your CEL on?

Comment

^ Definately check for codes, if CEL on..

For me recently, similar issues, correcting my ignition timing helped.. and replaced the oxygen sensor has helped even more..

Now back to finding my vacuum leak..

Pop vTec

Comment

Timing is dead on the belt and the distributor is set to factory. New Denso o2 sensor and no cel. Car runs smooth not a miss at all just weak on low end.

Edit* I advanced my ignition timing all the way it seems better but not perfect
          Last edited by Jarrett; 04-12-2014, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Well i changed out my cam and did a new timing belt and lower tube seals while i was at it. Car runs much better now. I just took the cam from my old a1 motor and its all good now.

Comment

Originally posted by F22A1forlife View Post
              Well i changed out my cam and did a new timing belt and lower tube seals while i was at it. Car runs much better now. I just took the cam from my old a1 motor and its all good now.
              Dont mean to bring it from the dead- but was the car smoking previous to the fix?

Pop vTec

Comment

No she wasnt smoking any. The old motor did a lot though. Lol.

Comment

I dont want to start a new thread, and I have the same problem. I know these dont have a ton of power, but my teg wasnt this gutless down low. It really seems to struggle getting going until about 2500rpm. Anything under 2k in a higher gear and there is basically no power to accelerate. I had a 93 civic with a d motor and it was pretty week. But even it wasnt this bad.

I have heard advancing timing in my truck and it helps low end power a bit, then reading it in this thread made me wonder if I could this too? And by how much is ok and safe? I just bought the car so im going to clean the maf sensor with brake cleaner this weekend and check the air filter. Ill post a thread about the car, hopefully tomorrow.
                  Last edited by anavrin351; 04-18-2014, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anavrin351 View Post
                    I dont want to start a new thread, and I have the same problem. I know these dont have a ton of power, but my teg wasnt this gutless down low. It really seems to struggle getting going until about 2500rpm. Anything under 2k in a higher gear and there is basically no power to accelerate. I had a 93 civic with a d motor and it was pretty week. But even it wasnt this bad.

I have heard advancing timing in my truck and it helps low end power a bit, then reading it in this thread made me wonder if I could this too? And by how much is ok and safe? I just bought the car so im going to clean the maf sensor with brake cleaner this weekend and check the air filter. Ill post a thread about the car, hopefully tomorrow.
                    there is no MAF these things are to old. im going to assume you have the f22a1? is it auto or manual? the auto is pretty bad down low from my experiance.
                    visit vgruk

Comment

Oh damn. Havent spent much time under the good. Tomorrow will be my first day i have to really go through it.

Its a 90 LX with a manual.

Comment

Timing sounds like the problem but in my case my cam had been change when someone broke the bolt out in the old one and the cam they put in was worn out. try advancing your ignition timing on the distributor. To that loosen the 3 bolts on the distributor and turn it toward the firewall. It helped mine alot. Let me know how its doing. Keep us posted bro.

Comment

Do this while running? And how much do I turn it?

Comment

You can do it while running or not. How much will be trial and error. I would suggest setting it to stock timing. You'll need a timing light for that though.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

My timing belt was just done 3days ago. Maybe they will advance it for me for free. My truck is done thru my tuning software on my computer, so this is a whole new world to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X