Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1.5L turbo swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motohead623 View Post
    The other idea for hypermiling swap is the J35A7 with the variable cylinder management.
    J baby J! haha, I miss my EF too (Dual-point, 45-50mpg)..

Never thought I'd hear someone going to swap a d-series into an accord, but I'd love to see this build - I have seen d15/d16 swapped into DC integras and Hondas are really Legos I can definately see this done. D-series can be some really strong motors that refuse to blow. Personally i've thought of doing a sleeved B20 with a gt3076, but currently thats impossible for me to do right now

Wish you the best of luck, post pics daily lol
    Last edited by SunkistCB7; 04-18-2014, 01:14 PM.

Pop vTec

Comment

I don't have a ton of time for a lengthy response now, but let me throw some information out there:

First of all, domesticated and Ghost Accord seem to have a pretty good grasp on combustion dynamics, and appear startled/stumped by the insanely lean A/F numbers I was throwing out, so let me address that really quickly. Basically, the engine is designed and mapped for ~20:1 from the factory in "lean burn" mode, where one intake valve is deactivated. The subsequent swirl allows for better atomization, the stratified charge, and sets up the proper conditions that allow for stable lean-burn cycles. With a little bit of tuning, 25:1 is attainable and some guys have even hit 28:1. Most interesting is that, in lean-burn mode, torque is improved.

This engine has been sitting in my garage for a while, and, next to the J30, I've really been vacillating between them. They both will take custom mount points welded, custom axles, interesting management issues and their accompanying wiring. Either way, I'm going to have to get a dummy shell to do all the mockup; there's no way I can spare my DD for that long. At the same time, I'm echoing Sordz thought of "why not just buy another EF (maybe CRX) shell. it's already wired and setup for that"

Either way the swap goes, I want to have as many of the bugs worked out as possible before I dig into my DD. There's a gray cb9 with a broken timing belt near me; it may even be a manual ex with the grey/black interior; if so, it's the perfect swap candidate!

I'll keep you guys updated on my thoughts, and give a little more info tomorrow when I have time to make a proper post.

Comment

Seems like a lot of work for not so great of an improvement. I get over 30, sometimes 35mpg with an H22A. Guys are getting better than that with healthy F22s. The Japanese D15s that used the tech got high 40s with a car that weighs 1000lbs less. I'm pretty sure when you add that weight the extra throttle you need is going to push you out of lean burn mode. There's a good chance you'll end up with a car that gets about the same gas mileage as a stock healthy F22, but slower.
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Working...
        X